These are some of the most common questions regarding Bold Subscriptions pricing and transaction fees. Select the question to view the answer.
- Once your free trial period has expired the monthly fee will vary, depending on your plan tier.
- There is a transaction fee on all subscription orders and any other orders that pass through our checkout.
- Payment gateway fees also apply, most gateways charge 2.9% plus $0.30 per transaction, but it does vary.
No, it's one or the other. If the customer makes a regular (one-time) purchase, and it goes through Shopify's checkout, then only Shopify's transaction fees apply.
If the customer makes a subscription purchase, it goes through our separate subscriptions checkout and only the Subscriptions transaction fees apply.
Shopify may charge an extra fee (0.5 to 2%) for transactions through Shopify's checkout if you are not using Shopify Payments and not on a Shopify Plus plan.
Orders processed through Subscriptions would not be charged this fee.
Yes, we do. To get a quote for our enterprise pricing please contact our Bold Subscriptions team.
With Stripe, this fee is taken off before your revenue is deposited into your bank account. This means the revenue you receive every month is after all fees have been taken off.
BrainTree (and all other Supported Payment Gateways) unfortunately don’t support that fee structure. In order to integrate our fee into these other payment gateways, we must charge our fee after your revenue has already been deposited into your account. We do this with a weekly charge to your credit card.
If the payment gateway is Stripe, the app will add a transaction fee to be collected immediately at the time of the transaction.
If the payment gateway is not Stripe, Subscriptions will keep track of all transaction fees earned per transaction. You will then be billed based on the following rules:
- Charges are done weekly but only if:
- The transaction fees owed are more than $100 USD
- The transaction fees owed are more than $0.50 USD and you have not be billed in a month
If your credit card fails while we're attempting to charge our transaction fees (expired card, insufficient funds, etc.), Bold will email you accordingly.
You will need to update your credit card to ensure continued service of the app.
To update your credit card information in Subscriptions, please follow these steps:
- From Shopify's Admin, select Apps.
- Select Recurring Orders & Subscriptions by Bold.
- Select Settings, then Payment Gateway.
- Select Update Credit Card.
- Select Change Card.
- Enter your credit card details.
- Select Update.
You should now see your updated credit card information.