During the Recurring Orders checkout process, customers can opt in to receive email updates and promotional content from your Shopify store. These clients will be added to the "Accepts Marketing" customer group in Shopify, and you can email them with store updates, newsletters, discounts, etc.
To modify the settings, follow these steps:
- From "Shopify Admin", select Apps.
- Select Recurring Orders & Subscriptions by Bold.
- Select Settings.
- Select General.
- Scroll down to "Accepts Marketing", and choose:
- Disable and hide this field - Customer emails are not collected, and customers cannot agree to receive updates from your store. The option will not display at all in the recurring checkout.
- Customer agrees to receive promotional emails by default - Customer emails are collected, and customers will automatically receive updates from your store. It means the option will be selected automatically and can be deselected.
- Customer does not agree to receive promotional email by default - Customer emails are not collected, and customers will not automatically receive updates from your store. It means the option will be deselected automatically and they will have to select the box to opt into it.
- Select Save.