If you would like to limit the number of upsell items that can be added to the cart, you have two options. You can limit the number of products that can be added to the cart to one and / or add a limit disclaimer to the offer. To do either or both, follow these steps:
- From "Shopify Admin", select Apps.
- Select Product Upsell.
- Select Current Offers.
- Select Edit next to the offer you would like to limit.
Note:: If you have not yet created an upsell offer, visit: How to Create an Upsell Offer to learn how.
- Scroll down to "Step 3 - Select product(s) to upsell".
- Select or Deselect the required checkbox(es).
- Deselect Allow customers to add more than 1 product to cart to add a limit of one per customer.
- Select Add a limit disclaimer and enter a number in "Limit XX per customer" to add the limit message to the offer.
- Select Update.