The purpose of Bold Memberships is to allow access to content on your store website, or for offline services. If you sell physical products on a subscription, Bold Subscriptions is a better solution. Visit What's the difference between Bold Memberships & Bold Subscriptions for more information.
To create a membership plan in Bold Memberships, please follow these steps:
- Connect Your Stripe or PayPal Account.
Note: If your memberships are free, you can skip this step.
- From Shopify's admin, select Apps.
- Select Recurring Memberships.
- Select Plans.
- Select Create New Plan.
- Enter a Plan Name.
- Enter a Plan Tag.
- Enter a Plan Description.
- Select Edit Access Denied Message to change the text (optional).
- Select Enable Trial? (optional).
- Enter the Trial Length.
- Select Enable Email Verification?.
Note: Enabling this option will force the customer to verify their email address when they go to sign up.
- Enter Cycle Pricing to set the fee for this plan.
- Select a Billing Cycle.
- Enter How many payments.
Note: Deselect "Forever" and enter a number in the box to the left of it to limit the number of payments to a specific number. Leave "Forever" selected to have the payments continue until the subscriber cancels.
- Select the Checkmark to add this billing option.
- Select Add Billing Option to add another option (optional).
- Repeat Steps 13 - 17 until you have added all billing options.
- Select Add Registration Field to collect additional information from your subscribers.
Note: First name, last name and email address will automatically appear, so they don't need to be added with registration fields.
- Select Add Rule to add rules to the plan (optional).
Note: This can be used to show specific products, collections, etc. to these members only. The plan rules are set from the perspective of a member. This means that if you want to hide content from non-members, you'll create a "Show" rule for the respective content.
- Select Save.
Note: You can test your plan rules by inviting yourself to a free membership plan.