Bold Memberships allows you to create different types of membership plans. You can create memberships to show exclusive content, such as selected products, collections, pages or more, or basic memberships for offline services such as fitness classes or piano lessons.
Before setting up your membership plan, please ensure:
- Your Stripe account is connected. If your memberships are free, you can skip this step.
- The liquid code is installed. Please visit Bold Memberships Code Install Instructions for more information.
Bold Memberships is designed to take a recurring fee through Stripe to allow your customers to access services or content. It will not create an order for a physical product in Shopify. If you wish to sell physical products on a recurring basis, Bold Subscriptions may be a better solution for you. For more information, please visit What's the Difference Between Bold Memberships & Bold Subscriptions?
To setup your first plan, please follow the steps below.
- From the Shopify admin, select Apps.
- Select Recurring Memberships.
- Select Plans.
- Select Create New Plan.
- Enter a Plan Name.
Note: This is the name that your customers will see. If you intend to offer more than one plan, make sure to create unique titles for each plan (i.e. Bootcamp for Beginners, Intermediate Bootcamp, etc.).
- Enter a Plan Tag.
Note: This is the tag that will be used to identify which of your customers belong to this plan. Memberships will automatically tag your customers within their Shopify customer account when they purchase this plan.
- Enter a Plan Description.
- Select Edit Access Denied Message to change the text (optional).
- Select Enable Trial? (optional).
- Enter the Trial Length (optional).
- Select Enable Email Verification?.
Note: Enabling this option will force the customer to verify their email address when they go to sign up.
- Enter Cycle Pricing to set the fee for this plan.
Note: This is how much your customers will pay for this membership upon each billing cycle based on your store's default currency. The dollar ($) symbol will appear beside the input box, however, the amount that you enter in will reflect on the membership details in your store's default currency. Example: If you enter a value of 10 for a store that the default currency is set to Euros, the membership will cost 10 Euros (€10).
- Select a Billing Cycle.
- Enter How many payments.
Note: Deselect Forever and enter a number in the box to the left of it to limit the number of payments to a specific number. Leave Forever selected to have the payments continue until the subscriber cancels.
- Select the Checkmark to add this billing option.
- Select Add Billing Option to add another option (optional).
- Repeat Steps 12 - 16 until you have added all billing options.
- Select Add Registration Field to collect additional information from your subscribers.
Note: Registration fields are only able to be created in the following 2 types: Text Field and Multi-Line Text Area.
First name, last name, and email address will automatically appear, so they don't need to be added with registration fields. You won't be able to adjust these fields, however you can re-order your created fields.
- Select Add Rule to add rules to the plan (optional).
Note: This can be used to show specific products, collections, etc. to these members only. The plan rules are set from the perspective of a member. This means that if you want to hide content from non-members, you'll create a Show rule for the members.
Please visit Create Members Only Content in Bold Memberships for more information on which rules are available and steps for setting up each rule within a membership plan.
- Select Save.
Note: You can test your plan rules by inviting yourself to a free membership plan.
Once your plan is set up, add a membership Widget or Buy Button to a page so your customers can sign up. For more information, please visit: