When deleting a discount code in Shopify, the Shopify Discount Connector may continue to store that information for up to 30 minutes, and the discount code may still be able to be used during that time.
Because Cashier uses its own checkout process, the Shopify Discount Connector allows Cashier to use Shopify discount codes through their API. This will not import the discount codes into Cashier, but simply allow Cashier to use the discount codes that are created in Shopify.
Note: If you're using Cashier in partially-enabled mode there's a small coding fix required to allow the discount connector to work correctly. Please contact our Merchant Success team for further assistance with this fix.
To enable the Shopify Discount Connector, please follow these steps:
From Shopify's admin, select Apps.
Select Bold Cashier.
Select Install on the "Shopify Discount Selector" option.
- Select Install unlisted app.
- Select Allow.
There are a few limitations while using Shopify Discount Connector:
- Most discount codes types will work. However, Buy X Get Y discount codes with a minimum dollar amount will not work with the Connector.
- When using a collection to specify which products are eligible for a discount code, the discount code won't be updated when you add a new product to the collection. To ensure it is updated, you will need to go to your Shopify Discount Connector, within the "Apps" section of your Shopify admin, and select Sync.
- Automatic Discounts are not compatible with Cashier and the Shopify Discount Connector.
- Some plugins may override the discount codes in Cashier themselves, and in those cases, Shopify Discounts being used with the Shopify Discount Connector won't work. Depending on the plugin, discount codes may work in some cases, and not in others.
- Ex: Bold Subscriptions has discount codes that take over Cashier's discount codes; similar to the Shopify Discount Connector. It's possible that discount codes from Shopify will work with orders from Subscriptions, but we can't guarantee that discount codes will work in all cases.