Multi-Currency gives your customers the flexibility to pay in the currency of their choice. Here's how to enable this functionality on your site:
- From "Shopify Admin", select Apps.
- Select Bold Cashier.
- Select Marketplace.
Select Enable on the "Multi-Currency" option.
- Navigate back to the "Apps" section of your Shopify admin and select Multi-Currency.
- Select the gear icon next to the currency you want to accept on the storefront.
- Select the "Specify a payment gateway for this currency" dropdown and choose the payment gateway that can accept this currency.
- Save the currency settings.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Do all payment gateways convert currencies?
- Not all payment gateways convert currencies. Some only convert certain currencies, and not all gateways will work for your needs. We strongly suggest researching what payment gateway providers offer in terms of currency conversion and other features.
Can I create a draft order and send it to a customer in their own currency?
- The currency used by Cashier is defined by the currency that is being viewed on the cart before checking out. If you send your customer a draft order, it will use the store’s default currency.
Can I use Paypal with Multi-Currency and still allow customers to checkout in their desired currency?
- Yes, you can set up a Braintree/Paypal account. You will need to create sub-accounts for the different currencies you want to accept (Braintree/Paypal can accept approximately 25 currencies) and connect those sub-accounts to Cashier.
Can I have a specific price on my products for different currencies?
- With Multi-Currency you can set exchange rate padding, or use a custom exchange rate, but you cannot set specific prices for your products in different currencies.
- Use the Customer's Location to Automatically Set the Currency
- Use Your Own Exchange Rate
- Set up a Payment Gateway in Cashier