This customization involves changing your DNS settings. Please do not attempt this if you are not comfortable with DNS settings. If you modify the URL, the field becomes locked and you will need to contact Support for further changes.
To set up a custom checkout hostname in Bold Cashier, follow these steps:
To add a custom checkout hostname to Cashier, we'll first need to make changes to its admin:
- From "Shopify Admin", select Apps.
- Select Bold Cashier.
- Select SETTINGS.
- Select General Settings.
- Navigate to "Custom Checkout Hostname Settings".
- Enable the "Custom Hostname" option and take note of the address provided by the app.
Note: The address should begin with "custom-hostname-01/02" or something similar.
These instructions are specifically for GoDaddy. Other domain name providers may have different navigations.
Next, you'll need to change your site's DNS settings:
- Go to the "settings" area of your domain name provider.
- Navigate to the "DNS Management" section.
- Select Create New DNS Record.
Note: Double check that the DNS record you're creating is a "CNAME"
- The "Host" area will use your subdomain name. For example, if you are using checkout.domain.com, make the host "checkout".
Note: Your custom hostname needs to be a CNAME/subdomain (checkout.domain.com, cashier.subdomain.com, etc.).
- Enter the address that was provided to you by Cashier in the "Points To" section ("custom-hostname-01/02" or something similar).
- Leave the "TTL" area at the default setting.
- Save the DNS record.
Lastly, you'll navigate back to Cashier:
- Go to "Custom Checkout Hostname Settings" under General Settings.
- Enter your custom hostname in this area.
- Select Save Hostname Settings.
Note: You cannot change your custom hostname settings once they are saved.
- Cashier will then notify you whether or not this was successful.
Note: This can take up to 48 hours before the change is reflected on your storefront.