This integration lets TaxJar calculate your customer's rates on their order directly though their service. TaxJar also collects all of your customers' tax information and files it, on your behalf, on a pre-determined basis.
Note: Visit TaxJar's website for more information on how to set up an account with them.
To enable this integration within Cashier, please follow these steps:
- From Shopify's admin, select Apps.
- Select Bold Cashier.
- Select Payments, then Tax Settings.
- Beside the "TaxJar" option, select Connect.
- Enter your API Token.
Note: This is located within your TaxJar account under Account > SmartCalcs API.
- Select Save.
Note: This section will change to indicate that your account has been connected.
- Select Create Custom Zone.
- Enter a Zone name.
- Under "Choose your tax provider", select TaxJar.
- Select the zone's countries.
Note: You can also select a single country for a shipping zone. The countries that TaxJar offers automatic rates for are indicated above this section.
- Select Save.
Note: TaxJar uses the warehouse settings you have entered in Cashier to determine your local tax rate.
- TaxJar is able to provide product exemptions for taxes. Cashier is not currently able to support this functionality. However, our developers are working to allow for this feature in a future update.
- Set up a Payment Gateway in Cashier
- Add Shipping Zones in Cashier
- Custom Tracking Scripts in Bold Cashier