Cashier is integrated with TaxJar to simplify how your customer's tax rates are calculated within it's checkout.
The free version of this integration lets TaxJar calculate your customer's rate on their order directly though their service. The paid version also collects all of your customer's tax information, then files it, on your behalf, on a predetermined basis.
Visit TaxJar's website for more information on how to set up an account with them.
To enable this integration within Cashier, follow these steps:
- From Shopify's Admin, select Apps.
- Select Bold Cashier.
- Select Payments, then Tax Settings.
- Select Create Zone.
Note: Select the Connect Tax Jar Account button if you have a paid account with TaxJar.
- Select TaxJar as your provider under the "Choose your tax provider" header.
Note: You can connect your TaxJar account here as well, after you select them as your provider. This is not required for you to use TaxJar as your rate provider.
- Name your tax zone and select the countries you want these settings to apply for.
- Select Save.
- Set up a Payment Gateway in Cashier
- Add Shipping Zones in Cashier
- Add Tracking Scripts and Analytics to Cashier