Custom Pricing provides you with the flexibility of bulk importing your wholesale discounts through a spreadsheet file. Uploading this file bypasses having to set up the pricing discounts from within the app's admin.
Using the Shopify product export feature (links to Shopify) and a spreadsheet editing program (ie Excel, Google Sheets, etc.), you're able to set specific discounts for each of your price tiers and products.
To bulk import prices into Custom Pricing, please follow the steps below.
- Before you begin, ensure that all store products have a SKU entered.
- You will need to be on the premium Custom Pricing plan ($59.99/month) for this functionality.
- Stores that are using Custom Pricing with the Quantity Breaks module enabled should follow the Bulk Import Prices with Quantity Breaks into Custom Pricing guide to correctly import these prices.
- From Shopify's admin, select Products, then Export.
- Under "Export", select All products.
- Under "Export as", select CSV for Excel, Numbers, or other spreadsheet programs.
- Select Export products.
Note: This will be emailed to you. You will need to select the link and download it to your computer to continue.
- Select the CSV file and open with Excel or comparable software.
- Delete all columns, except:
- Variant SKU
- Variant Price
To the right of the Variant Price column, add additional columns for each customer price group (tag).
Note: If you have one tag (ie. Wholesale), add one column. If you have three tags (ie. Gold, Silver, Bronze), add three columns.
Enter the exact price for each variant in the corresponding cell.
- Duplicate the product lines for each quantity break you want to import.
- Insert a QTY column beside the "Variant SKU" and specify the minimum quantities required for each break.
- Edit the price for each wholesale tier.
- Delete the Variant Price column.
- Add a Price Type column and specify how your prices are set.
Note: You can use either $ or % as the price types. If you're entering the direct cost of the product at each price tier, use $. If you're specifying the discount amount, use %.
- Select Save.
- From within Custom Pricing, select Import/Export.
- Select Choose File.
- Use the file manager to select the CSV file and select Open.
- Select Import.
- Select the attribute that corresponds to each column.
Note: If the preview has any empty columns, mark these columns as -Do Not Import-.
- Select Upload.
Note: The app will start the process of creating the pricing variants. Depending on the number of products and variants that need to be created, this can take some time to complete. A general rule of thumb is about 1 hour per 1000 variants.
- Verify your Custom Pricing install to ensure your product pricing tiers are working properly. Please note that the related tags and customer accounts should be used instead of our Bold test account when verifying your wholesale prices.