Custom Pricing provides you with the flexibility of bulk importing your wholesale discounts through a spreadsheet file. Uploading this file bypasses having to set up the pricing discounts from within the app's admin.
- Before you begin, ensure that all store products have a SKU entered.
- You will need to be on the premium Custom Pricing plan ($59.99/month) for this functionality.
- Stores that are using Custom Pricing with the Quantity Breaks module enabled should follow the Bulk Import Prices with Quantity Breaks into Custom Pricing guide to correctly import these prices.
- From the Shopify admin, select Products, then Export.
- Under Export, select All products.
- Under Export as, select .CSV for Excel, Numbers, or other spreadsheet programs.
- Select Export products.
Note: This will be emailed to you. You will need to select the link and download it to your computer to continue.
- Select the .CSV file and open with Excel or comparable software.
- Delete all columns, except:
- Variant SKU
- Variant Price
To the right of the Variant Price column, add additional columns for each customer price group (tag).
Note: If you have one tag (ie. Wholesale), add one column. If you have three tags (ie. Gold, Silver, Bronze), add three columns.
Enter the exact price for each variant in the corresponding cell.
- Duplicate the product lines for each quantity break you want to import.
- Insert a QTY column beside the "Variant SKU" and specify the minimum quantities required for each break.
- Edit the price for each wholesale tier.
- Delete the Variant Price column.
- Add a Price Type column and specify how your prices are set.
Note: You can use either $, -, or % as the Price Types. To set a Fixed Price use $. This must be lower than the amount of the product price. To discount a set amount use, -. To discount by percentage, use %.
- Select Save.
- From within Custom Pricing, select Import/Export.
- Select Choose File.
- Use the file manager to select the .CSV file and select Open.
- Select Import.
- Select the attribute that corresponds to each column.
Note: If the preview has any empty columns, mark these columns as -Do Not Import-.
- Select Upload.
Note: The app will start the process of creating the pricing variants. Depending on the number of products and variants that need to be created, this can take some time to complete. A general rule of thumb is about 1 hour per 1000 variants.