This customization involves changing your DNS settings. Please do not attempt this if you are not comfortable with DNS settings. If you modify the URL, the field becomes locked and you will need to contact our Merchant Success team for further changes.
Bold Checkout allows you to use a custom hostname for its checkout process.
To set up a custom checkout hostname in Bold Checkout, please follow these steps:
To add a custom checkout hostname to Bold Checkout, we'll first need to make changes to its admin:
- From BigCommerce's admin, select Apps.
- Select Bold Checkout.
- Select Settings, then General Settings.
- Navigate to "Custom Checkout Hostname Settings".
- Enable the Custom Hostname option and take note of the address provided by the app.
Note: The address should begin with "custom-hostname-01/02" or something similar.
These instructions are specifically for GoDaddy. Other domain name providers may have different navigations.
Next, you'll need to change your site's DNS settings:
- Go to the "settings" area of your domain name provider.
- Navigate to the "DNS Management" section.
- Select Create New DNS Record.
Note: Double check that the DNS record you're creating is a "CNAME"
- The "Host" area will use your subdomain name. For example, if you are using checkout.domain.com, make the host "checkout".
Note: Your custom hostname needs to be a CNAME/subdomain (checkout.domain.com, checkout.subdomain.com, etc.).
- Enter the address that was provided to you by Bold Checkout in the "Points To" section ("custom-hostname-01/02" or something similar).
- Leave the "TTL" area at the default setting.
- Save the DNS record.
Lastly, you'll navigate back to Bold Checkout:
- Go to "Custom Checkout Hostname Settings" under General Settings.
- Enter your custom hostname in this area.
- Select Save Hostname Settings.
Note: You cannot change your custom hostname settings once they are saved.
- Bold Checkout will then notify you whether or not this was successful.
Note: This can take up to 48 hours before the change is reflected on your storefront.