Multi-Currency can only display currencies on your storefront and does not have the ability to convert currencies in Shopify's checkout by itself. If you have a grandfathered plan for Bold Cashier installed on your store, you can offer currency conversions on the checkout page.
Please visit Cashier & Multi-Currency Integration for more information on setting up this integration.
Multi-Currency allows you to set a customer's local currency using geolocation. This gives you the flexibility to hide the currency picker and have your customers only view the currency for their region.
The currency must be added and enabled within Multi-Currency in order for the app to geolocate customers from that currency's region. The app will use the store's default currency if it's unable to geolocate the customer.
Here's how to hide the currency picker from the storefront:
- From Shopify's admin, select Online Store.
- Select Actions.
- Select Edit code.
- Under "Assets", find bold-currency-picker.css.
- Find the following lines of code:
height: 32px; }
- Copy and paste the following code within this class selector:
- Select Save.
- Change the Default Currency
- Create Rounding Rules for a Currency
- Test Rounding Rules in Multi-Currency