Bold Brain gives you the ability to add a recommendation widget to your product pages. Generally, you can auto-install the widget when you go to activate it. However, there are some instances where you may want to install the widget on a back-up theme.
Note: This guide requires you to create your widget before proceeding with the installation.
To manually install your Brain widget, please follow these steps:
- From Shopify's admin, select Apps.
- Select Bold Brain.
- Select Widgets.
- From the "Recommendations Widget" page, select the ellipsis beside your desired widget.
- Select Install.
- Select Copy.
Note: A message will appear to let you know the code has been successfully copied to your clipboard. You can also scroll to the side to locate the widget's ID.
- Select Close.
- From Shopify's admin, select Online Store.
- Select Actions.
- Select Edit code.
- Under "Templates", select product.liquid.
Note: This may be located under "Sections" in the product-template.liquid file.
- Navigate to the bottom of this file and paste the code you copied in Step 6.
Note: This should always go above the "schema" coding for the widget to display correctly.
- Select Save.