Bold Brain gives you the ability to add a recommendation widget to your product pages. Generally, you can auto-install the widget when you go to activate it. However, there are some instances where you may want to install the widget on a back-up theme.
This guide requires you to create your widget before proceeding with the installation.
If you would like to remove the widget liquid code from your theme, the liquid code can be removed by deleting the line of code from your theme's liquid code mentioned in steps #6 and #12 below.
- From Shopify's admin, select Apps.
- Select Bold Brain.
- Select Widgets.
- From the Recommendations Widgets page, select the ellipsis beside your desired widget.
- Select Install.
- Select Copy.
Note: A message will appear to let you know the code has been successfully copied to your clipboard. You can also scroll to the side to locate the widget's ID.
- Select Close.
- From Shopify's admin, select Online Store.
- Select Actions.
- Select Edit code.
- Under "Templates", select product.liquid.
Note: This may be located under "Sections" in the product-template.liquid file.
- Navigate to the bottom of this file and paste the code you copied in Step 6.
Note: This should always go above the "schema" coding for the widget to display correctly.
- Select Save.