Bold Brain offers several different recommendation widget types to install on your site. They can display various groups of products to your customers based on the type of widget you select.
Below are the current widget types, how the product associations are calculated, and what they should display to your customers:
- Most Frequently Bought: This widget will display the top products your customers are purchasing on your site. Brain adds up your products' number of purchases, then shows the top 3-6 that have been bought over the last 90 days.
- Related Products: This widget displays the products that Brain believes are associated with the item the customer is currently viewing. The app does this by searching through your orders to find instances where this product was purchased with other items in the last 90 days. Brain will then show the top 3-6 items that have the most number of purchases with the product the customer is looking at.
- Recently Added: This will display 3-6 products that have been most recently published on your site. As you publish more items, the widget will push the older published products out of the widget.
- Recently Viewed By You: The widget will hold onto the 3-6 most recently viewed products by the customer. As the customer views more items, the widget will take the oldest viewed products out of the display.
- Smart Widget: The "smart widget" will display different widgets to your customers on a rotational basis. The app will then decide which widget(s) are performing the best on the site and display these more frequently.
- Top Rated: This widget uses your customers' product ratings through Yotpo. The app will take your best average review scores and show the top 3-6 rated products in the widget.
If Bold Brain is unable to make significant associations between your products, the app will attempt to randomize the items in the widgets.