Bold Memberships will mark your customers with different statuses depending on where they are in the billing process. Memberships does this to help you sort your customers by status, and better track who is and is not paying for your plans.
Below are the statuses your customers could be noted with and what each of them mean:
- Access and Payments Suspended: These customers have had both the billing and access for their membership plan paused. Store owners can pause the customer's billing and access within the app under Memberships > Actions > Pause > Disable any special member website access as well.
- Active: These are customers who have been charged their first payment. Their accounts are in good standing and they are current, paying members.
- Active, on Grace Period: These are customers who have not yet accepted any new billing terms that you may have laid out for them. This could either be a direct change to their plan personally, or your membership plan as a whole. The app allows you to provide these customers with a grace period to accept the conditions before their plan is then cancelled.
- Active, on Remainder: Customers that have cancelled their plans in-between billing periods are Active, on Remainder. This is because they have already paid for their plan access up to a certain date. For example: Customer A is set to be charged on the 31st; they cancel their plan on the 15th; they would be "Active, on Remainder" from the 15th to the 31st.
- Cancelled: These are former customers who are no longer paying for your plan subscriptions. Their last month of billing has been paid out and they no longer have member access to your site.
- In Trial: These customers are on their initial trial period and have not yet been charged for their membership plan.
- Payments Suspended: These customers have had the billing for their membership plan paused. Store owners can pause the customer's billing within the app under Memberships > Actions > Pause.
- Pending PayPal Activation: Customers who subscribe with a PayPal account that has not yet been activated will be indicated with this status.