API keys are unique identifiers that allow you to connect to a specific service that an application program provides. Because these keys are unique to a specific user, it's important to always keep your API key safe and secured.
- Log in to the Google Maps Platform Console.
- Select Console.
- Select Secure Credentials.
- Enter a name for your API key.
Note: This will help you to better determine which API key you're using for what service.
- Under "Application restrictions", select HTTP referrers (web sites).
- Enter your store URL in the following format:
Note: The asterisks allow you to reference any page on your site as a secured address for your API key.
- Select Save.
Note: These changes can take up to five minutes to take effect.