The error message will display on your storefront like so:
To add a billing method to your Google account, please follow these steps:
- Log in to the Google Maps Platform Console.
- Select Console.
- Select the menu icon.
- Select Billing.
- Select Add billing account.
- Select your Country.
- Select I have read and agree to the Google Cloud Platform Free Trial Terms of Service.
- Select Yes or No to receive email updates.
- Select Agree and Continue.
- Enter your billing information, then select Start My Free Trial.
Note: Google Cloud accounts require you to enter additional payment information for the API to work correctly. When you enable billing, Google provides you with $300 of free usage every month for Maps, Routes, or Places. Visit Add, remove, or update a payment method (links to Google) for more information on setting up billing for Google Cloud Services.