As of February 19th, 2021, Bold Multi-Currency is no longer available to install on the Shopify App Store. If your store has installed our Bold Multi-Currency app prior to February 19, 2021 - you will be able to continue using this app as it is grandfathered on your store.
Bold Multi-Currency, when integrated with Bold Cashier, provides you with the ability to accept payments in multiple currencies on one Shopify store.
Braintree is a payment gateway provider that can accept multiple currencies through one Braintree account.
Multi-Currency is a display-only app for currencies on your storefront, and does not have the ability to convert currencies in Shopify's checkout by itself. If you have a grandfathered plan for Bold Cashier and Bold Multi-Currency installed on your store, you can offer currency conversions on the checkout page.
Please visit Cashier & Multi-Currency Integration for more information on setting up this integration.
We recommend keeping your Shopify Admin open in another tab while working on this guide. There are a few steps that require you to switch between the Braintree and Multi-Currency admins.
- Navigate to Braintree's homepage and select Log in +.
- Select Log in.
- Enter your account credentials.
- Select Log In.
- Select the gear icon in the top right corner.
Note: These screenshots were taken from a development environment. Some of the verbiage may differ from a production account.
- Select Business.
- Select + New Merchant Account.
Note: Copy your Merchant ID into Note Pad (or similar program) for Step 21 of this guide.
- Enter your Merchant Account ID.
Note: This field can be named whatever you like. We suggest naming these accounts the currency you want to accept. Then, copy your Merchant Account ID into Note Pad (or similar program) for Step 23 of this guide.
- Select Make this my default merchant account (optional).
Note: This option should only be selected if the currency you're setting up is your store's default currency.
- Select or deselect Accept PayPal (optional).
Note: Selecting this will give your customers the option to pay through their PayPal account.
- Select your currency.
- Select Save.
Note: If you're accepting credit card payments, you will need to map each currency in within the Multi-Currency app admin.
- Repeat Steps 7 - 12 for all of your desired currencies.
- Select API.
- Select Generate New API Key.
- Under "Private Key", select View.
Note: Copy your Public Key into Note Pad (or similar program) for Step 23 of this guide.
- Copy your Private Key into Note Pad (or similar program) for Step 23 of this guide.
Note: Navigate to your Shopify tab.
- From the Shopify Admin, select Apps.
- Select Bold Cashier.
- Select Payment Options, then Payment Gateways.
- Select Connect Gateway.
- Select Connect on either the Braintree Credit Card or Braintree PayPal option.
Note: If you enabled the Accept PayPal option in Step 10, select Connect on Braintree PayPal. Otherwise, select Connect on Braintree Credit Card.
- Enter your Braintree credentials.
- Select Save.