Braintree is a payment gateway provider that can accept multiple currencies through one Braintree account.
Note: This integration requires Cashier to be enabled in order to accept these foreign currency payments. Please visit Get Started with Cashier before proceeding with this guide.
To set up Braintree to accept multiple currencies on your site, please follow these steps:
- Navigate to Braintree's homepage and select Log in +.
- Select Log in.
- Enter your account credentials.
- Select Log In.
- Select the gear icon in the top right corner.
Note: These screenshots were taken from a development environment. Some of the verbiage may differ from a production account.
- Select Business.
- Select + New Merchant Account.
Note: Copy your Merchant ID into a notepad (or similar program) for Step 21 of this guide.
- Enter your Merchant Account ID.
Note: This field can be named whatever you would like. We generally suggest naming these accounts relative to the currency you want to accept. Copy your Merchant Account ID into a notepad (or similar program) for Step 23 of this guide.
- Select Make this my default merchant account (optional).
Note: This option should only be selected if the currency you're setting up is your site's default currency.
- Select or deselect Accept PayPal (optional).
Note: Selecting this will give your customers the option to pay through their PayPal account.
- Select your currency.
- Select Save.
Note: If you're accepting credit card payments, you will need to "map" each currency in your Multi-Currency app. Please visit Multi-Currency & Cashier Integration (Step 5) for more information on how to do this.
- Repeat Steps 7 - 12 for all of your desired currencies.
- Select API.
- Select Generate New API Key.
- Under "Private Key", select View.
Note: Copy your Public Key into a notepad (or similar program) for Step 23 of this guide.
- Copy your Private Key into a notepad (or similar program) for Step 23 of this guide.
Note: Navigate to your Shopify tab.
- From Shopify's admin, select Apps.
- Select Bold Cashier.
- Select Payment Options, then Payment Gateways.
- Select Connect Gateway.
- Select Connect on either the "Braintree Credit Card" or "Braintree PayPal" option.
Note: If you enabled the "Accept PayPal" option in Step 10, select Connect on Braintree PayPal. Otherwise, select Connect on Braintree Credit Card.
- Enter your Braintree credentials.
- Select Save.
That's it! Visit Multi-Currency & Cashier Integration for more information on how to enable this feature once all your currencies have been added.
- Create a Discount Code in Cashier
- Create a Gift Card in Cashier
- Customize the Abandoned Cart Emails in Cashier