This guide answers several common questions in regards to functionality with Bold Discounts.
Here's the questions that are covered in this article:
- How fast does the app discount my products?
- What happens if a product is in multiple sales?
- What are the limitations of using this app?
- Why are my products discounted on the store but not in my admin?
- Can I run sales on a specific variant?
- Will my discounts work on other sales channels?
- Why are the products I just added to my collection not on sale?
Please select a question to view the answer.
Bold Discounts is able to apply sales on the storefront at a rate of roughly 250 products per second. This means that a sale with roughly 3000 products in it should take about 12 seconds to go live on the storefront.
Discounts uses a connection with Shopify's order API to ensure that your customers are charged the correct price on the site.
Note: If the Admin Price Sync setting is enabled while on the Advanced plan, the backend prices on your store will take approximately 15 minutes per 250 variants to reflect the discounted price, however the discounts will still be present on the storefront.
Products that are apart of multiple sales at the same time will have the best discount applied to them.
Discounts reads which rules are being applied to a specific product and chooses the largest discount to apply for the customer.
- Product A is $20
- Product A is in both Discount A and Discount B
- Discount A offers a 50% discount
- Discount B is a $5-off sale
- Product A would have Discount A's rules applied, as your customers would receive this item for $10 instead of $15
Note: The following discount rules above apply to both storefront price and admin price syncs.
This app version is currently incompatible with the following Bold apps:
Due to the way these apps adjust pricing on the storefront, they do not work correctly with Discounts. Our developers are working on a solution, and this article will be updated as these integrations are completed.
Discounts uses a connection with Shopify's draft orders to ensure your customers are always receiving the correct price for their discounted items.
- Third-party checkout buttons (i.e. Amazon Pay, PayPal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, etc.) should be hidden on the cart page and only visible in the checkout.
- Third-party checkouts will not work correctly with Bold Discounts (except for Bold Cashier).
- Most currency converters must be disabled before offering sales with Discounts.
- Shopify discount codes will not work with Discounts while on the Basic version (this may be a benefit, depending on the sales you're offering).
- Draft orders remain in your Shopify admin after a customer has checked out.
Visit Cashier & Bold Discounts Integration for more information on how to enable this integration.
Discounts applies its sales to your products on a cosmetic level while on the Basic plan, and as a result does not physically adjust your item prices within your Shopify admin.
Discounts will still charge your customers the correct sale price, as it uses a connection with Shopify's order API to ensure that this occurs on the site.
The Advanced plan has the ability to change the prices for products in your store's admin. Visit Change Your Price Plan in Bold Discounts for more information on how to upgrade.
Yes, Discounts provides you with the flexibility of placing specific variants of a product on sale.
When creating your sales, you can select a hyperlink underneath your products to choose certain variants:
Visit Create a Sale with Bold Discounts for more information on how to create discounts in the app.
No, Discounts' sales will not currently work on other sales channels while on the Basic plan. The discounts that the app creates require a Shopify store environment in order to charge your customers the correct price.
The Advanced plan has the ability to change the prices for products in your store's admin which will change the price on other sales channels. Visit Change Your Price Plan in Bold Discounts for more information on how to upgrade.
Discounts is not currently able to dynamically add products to a collection that is already on sale.
If you add items to a collection that has an active discount, you need to edit the sale, reselect the collection, then save the sale.
Visit Edit a Sale with Bold Discounts for more information on how to adjust your sales.