Here are some of the most common questions regarding Bold Discounts' functionality.
Please select the question to view your answer:
Discounts is able to apply its sales on the storefront at a rate of roughly 250 products per second. This means that a sale with roughly 3000 products in it should take about 12 seconds to go live on the storefront.
Discounts uses a connection with Shopify's order API to ensure that your customers are charged the correct price on the site.
Products that are in multiple sales at the same time will have the best discount applied to them.
Discounts reads which rules are being applied to a specific product and chooses the largest discount to apply for the customer.
- Product A is $20
- Product A is in both Discount A and Discount B
- Discount A offers a 50% discount
- Discount B is a $5-off sale
- Product A would have Discount A's rules applied, as your customers would receive this item for $10 instead of $15
This app version is currently incompatible with the following Bold apps:
Due to the way these apps adjust pricing on the storefront, they do not work correctly with Discounts. Our developers are working on a solution, and this article will be updated as these integrations are completed.
Discounts uses a connection with Shopify's draft orders to ensure your customers are always receiving the correct price for their discounted items.
- Third-party checkout buttons (i.e. Amazon Pay, PayPal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, etc.) should be hidden on the cart page and only visible in the checkout.
- Third-party checkouts will not work correctly with Bold Discounts (except for Bold Cashier).
- Most currency converters must be disabled before offering sales with Discounts.
- Shopify discount codes will not work with Discounts (this may be a benefit, depending on the sales you're offering).
- Draft orders remain in your Shopify admin after a customer has checked out.
Visit Cashier & Bold Discounts Integration for more information on how to enable this integration.
Discounts applies its sales to your products on a cosmetic level. It does not physically adjust your item prices within your Shopify admin.
However, Discounts will still charge your customers the correct sale price. Discounts uses a connection with Shopify's order API to ensure that this occurs on the site.
Yes, Discounts provides you with the flexibility of placing specific variants of a product on sale.
When creating your sales, you can select a hyperlink underneath your products to choose certain variants:
Visit Create a Sale with Bold Discounts for more information on how to create discounts in the app.
No, Discounts' sales will not currently work on other sales channels. The discounts that the app creates require a Shopify store environment in order to charge your customers the correct price.
Discounts is not currently able to dynamically add products to a collection that is already on sale.
If you add items to a collection that is in an active discount, you need to edit the sale, reselect the collection, then save the sale.
Visit Edit a Sale with Bold Discounts for more information on how to adjust your sales.