Bold Discounts provides you with the flexibility of placing an entire collection of products on sale at once. This is useful if you want to create temporary "flash sales" to drive purchases of specific items.
Using Shopify's collections feature to create our list of products, we can then create a discount offer with this collection in Discounts.
To create a flash sale using Discounts, please follow these steps:
- From Shopify's admin, select Products.
- Select Collections.
- Select Create collection.
- Enter a Title.
- Enter a Description (optional).
- Under "Collection type", choose the products you want to place on sale.
- Under "Collection image", select Add image (optional).
- Select Save.
- From Shopify's admin, select Apps.
- Select Bold Discounts.
- Select Create Discount.
- Enter a Discount group name.
Note: This name will only be shown to you within Discounts' admin.
- Choose Select products.
- Select the search bar to reveal the filter options.
- Under "Filter collections", select the collection you created in Steps 1-8.
- Select Apply.
- Select Confirm.
- Under "Discount", select the plus icon.
- Enter your discount amount.
- Select the discount type.
Note: "Percent off (%)" will apply whatever number you specified in the previous step as a percentage discount on your selected products. "Fixed Price ($)" will set the price of every item to the number previously specified. "Amount off ($)" will discount these products by the dollar amount specified.
- Under "Cents Override", select the plus icon (optional).
- Enter your cents amount.
- Under "Time Frame", select the plus icon (optional).
- Select Set the start date and time for this group discount (optional).
Note: You can set a start or an end date without having to set the other.
- Select your start time and date.
- Select Set the end date and time for this group discount (optional).
- Select your end time and date.
- Under "Additional Options", select the plus icon (optional).
- Enter a message that you want to display to your customers on sale items.
Note: This box can accept most HTML styling. Visit W3 Schools - HTML for more information on how to use HTML.
- Select Save.