This guide answers several common questions regarding Custom Pricing's detailed pricing feature.
Here are the questions that are covered in this article:
- Can Detailed Pricing be used with Quantity Breaks?
- Can Detailed Pricing discounts stack on top of discounts set in price groups or in my tags?
- Can I import discounts created in Custom Pricing from another store into my store?
- Missing Custom Pricing Tags on Detailed Pricing page?
- What is the difference between product pricing groups and detailed pricing?
- Why are some of my products not showing in the Detailed Pricing page?
Select the question to view the answer:
Yes! You can apply quantity break discounts for products in Detailed Pricing. These discounts can be added individually for each product, or added through a bulk import using a .CSV file.
Please visit Set up Quantity Breaks Using Detailed Pricing and Bulk Import Prices with Quantity Breaks into Custom Pricing for further steps on adding quantity break discounts into the Detailed Pricing section.
No, discounts set in Detailed Pricing will override discounts set in price groups or the customer tag(s) set in Custom Pricing while the app is set to the Variant Dependant or Draft Orders Method.
While on the Accelerated Draft Orders Method, if a product is placed in an active price group, in a customer group and is being discounted in the Detailed Pricing section, the best/highest discount will be applied onto the storefront.
Visit Discount Methods and How to Switch for more information on the different discount methods.
You cannot import discounts created from product price groups or default discounts applied in customer tags, however, you can export discounts applied in the Detailed Pricing section from one store and import those discounts into another store.
Discounts that are set in Detailed Pricing can be exported from within Custom Pricing by selecting the Export option on the Import/Export page:
Note: If will need to adjust the export file accordingly to match the discounts of the products for the store you are importing the file into.
Tags missing from the Detailed Pricing section of Custom Pricing can occur for newly created tags. If you are missing tags from the Detailed Pricing page, we recommend following these steps:
- Refresh the page - A simple browser refresh can help with adding missing tags to the Detailed Pricing page.
- Clear browser's cookies and cache - A cookie or cache can prevent some or all tags from appearing on the Detailed Pricing page. By clearing your browser's cookies and cache, this can help push through any recent changes made to the Custom Pricing app.
- Use the Sync with Shopify button - Performing a sync using the "Sync with Shopify" button on the Detailed Pricing page can help with applying newly tags into the Detailed Pricing page. The "Sync with Shopify" button can be found on the Detailed Pricing page above the list of products and tags:
Note: The sync can only be used once every 24 hours. If this button is not present on the Detailed Pricing page, you may need to wait up to 24 hours for the sync to appear.
If you are still missing tags on the Detailed Pricing page, please reach out to our Merchant Success team for further assistance.
Custom Pricing offers two different ways of applying unique wholesale pricing to your products:
- Product Pricing Groups
- Detailed Pricing
Both of these methods offer various benefits in their set-up, complexity, and discounting ability.
Product Pricing Groups
Applying wholesale pricing through customer pricing groups involves creating a group, selecting a group of products, then assigning a discount for each pricing tier within that group for those products.
Different discounts for different products would require separating those products in their own customer pricing group.
The detailed pricing functionality allows for easier management of individual products and their respective discounts compared to using customer pricing groups.
Products and customer pricing tags are listed in a grid type format. You're able to specify the fixed price or discount for a particular product or variant. This is especially helpful in situations where each product or variant has its own discount percentage or fixed price.
Another advantage is that all product discounts are isolated from each other. Updating one variant/customer tag discount only causes the app to process that one product, instead of all of the products that happen to be in a customer pricing group.
Newly created products in your Shopify admin will not appear right away within the Detailed Pricing page. If you notice that a product is not appearing in the search results or when browsing through your pages of products in Detailed Pricing, a sync must be ran in Detailed Pricing.
A sync can be ran by selecting the Sync with Shopify link on the Detailed Pricing page:
Note: This sync can only be ran once every 24 hours. If the sync is not present, you may either need to wait until the next day to run another sync, or contact our Merchant Success team for further assistance.