Ready to get started with Product Options? We've put together a guide that you can follow along with to get your new app set up.
Let's get started!
To install Bold Product Options on your Shopify store, please follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Bold Product Options page in the Shopify app store.
- If it prompts you, enter your .myshopify.com URL.
- Accept the App Permissions, then select Install App.
- Select Start Free Trial to approve the future monthly charges.
Note: If you have previously installed the app, you will be prompted to pay the first month's fee right away.
- Read through and accept the terms and conditions.
Bold Product Options has two price plans which are currently available: The Basic plan, and Premium plan. For more information on the features included within these two plans, please visit our Bold Product Options app page.
When Product Options is installed to your store, it will default to the Basic plan.
To adjust which plan your store is currently on, please follow these steps:
- From within the Bold Product Options app, select Settings.
- Select Account Settings.
- Select Upgrade Plan, then select the Premium plan.
If your store is currently on a free trial, upgrading to the Premium plan will not affect this trial on your store.
Bold Product Options requires that Liquid code be added to your Shopify theme in order to work properly. This includes making sure that the options appear on your product pages, and that orders complete properly.
There are three options for completing this installation on your store:
- Automatic Install - This option automatically adds the Bold Product Options code to your theme.
- Expert Install - Have one of Bold's experts add the code to your store manually.
- Manual Install - View our step-by-step guide to manually add all of the Bold Product Options code to your theme.
For more information on completing each step, please visit our Installation Guide for Bold Product Options.
With Bold Product Options, you will be creating options for your products, as well as option sets. It's important to understand the difference between them so you can easily create them.
An option set is a group that keeps all options together, in order to display on a product page on your store. The options are what is added within a set, to be different customizable items for your customers to select.
Option sets are frequently named after the products that they are attached to. For example, Sweater customizations, Embroidary options, Hockey equipment, etc.
Options specifically could be clothing sizes (small, medium, large), colours (red, blue, green), flavours (chocolate, vanilla, strawberry), and more.
For more information on creating your option sets, please Create your options and option sets.