Priced options are only available on the Premium version of Bold Product Options. Please visit Product Options: Information & Overview for more information.
A priced option is an option that allows you to associate a cost with your Product Options.
Below are the option types you can assign a price to:
- Radio Buttons
- Scrollable Lists
- Single Choice Swatches (Premium plan only)
- Multiple Choice Swatches (Premium plan only)
Below are the option types you cannot assign a price to:
- Short Text
- Short Text Group
- Paragraph Text
- File Upload
- Descriptive Text
When a new priced option is created, the priced option can take up to an hour to reflect on the storefront. If the priced option is not present within that timeframe, please visit Product Options not Displaying and follow the steps under New Options not Displaying on Storefront for steps on refreshing the Product Options cache in your theme's liquid code.
- From within Product Options, select Options from the top navigation bar.
- Create a new option set, or select Edit next to an existing option set you'd like to add additional charges to.
- Under Options, select Edit.
- Under Values, select Adjusts price beside the value that will have an additional cost.
- Select Create a charge or Use an existing variant in your shop.
- Enter the price or Select Variant and choose your existing product.
Note: Only a dollar amount can be used when creating a priced option.
- Under How do you want to handle quantities?, select a value.
Note: Visit our Options FAQ for a detailed explanation of these options.
- Repeat Steps 4-7 for each option that will have an additional cost, then select Save once you're done with that option set.
- Select Save Option Set.
Changes that are made to priced options can take up to an hour to reflect on the storefront. If the changes are not present within that timeframe, please visit Product Options not Displaying and follow the steps under "New Options not Displaying on Storefront" for steps on refreshing the Product Options cache in your theme's liquid code.
When an option has been created and Create A Charge is selected, saving the option will then force the app to display Use Existing Variant instead of Create A Charge. This is because once a charge has been assigned and saved to an option, a new Shopify product is created. This cannot be switched back to display Create A Charge.
Each charge created within Bold Product Options will create 1 Shopify product tagged as OPTIONS_HIDDEN_PRODUCT.
Editing newly created charges must be done from within the Shopify admin via View in store to edit.
Editing Priced Options
- From within Product Options, select Options.
- Select Edit next to an existing option set you'd like to add additional charges to.
- Under Options, select Edit next to the option you want to adjust.
- Select View in store to edit and make the necessary changes to the price of the option you're adjusting.
Note: It is important to save your changes from both the Product Options app and the Shopify admin. Saving your changes in only 1 spot will result in issues on your storefront.
- Select Save.
Please visit Use Inventory or SKUs with Priced Options if you would like to track inventory for your priced options.