Below are some of the most common questions regarding having Priced Options on your store.
Note: If you have any additional questions about Priced Options, please contact our Merchant Success team.
Here are the questions that are covered in this article:
- How do I prevent my store from charging shipping on Priced Options?
- Why is code from Options appearing within my Shopify order page?
- How do I change the cost of my priced options?
Select the question to view the answer:
When a priced option is created in our app, it creates a hidden product on your store. This product is created as a full item, and even appears in the checkout of your store.
To make sure that your priced options do not charge additional shipping, it would be best to list them as a digital product going forward.
- From your Shopify admin, select Products > All Products.
- Find the hidden priced option product.
- In the Shipping section of the product page, uncheck "This is a physical product".
- Click Save.
When on the Premium plan of Product Options, orders may appear with code within the Order page of the Shopify admin. This is an example of how this may appear:
Shopify handles our line item properties this specific way. At this time, we currently are unable to access the code in their backend to adjust how this appears within the Shopify Order pages.
If your customers are seeing this code in their Shopify notification emails, there is a way to adjust the templates. Please visit Integrate Product Options with Shopify's Email Templates for more information.
To clean up invoices and packing slip information from within the Order Printer app, please visit Displaying Product Options on Shopify Order Printer App.
These options can also be hidden within ShipStation. This will completely remove the code, but will also remove all the Product Options information from invoices and packing slips. Please visit Product Options 3rd Party Conflicts for more information.
Product Options gives you the ability to add prices to your selections. When a price is added, it can later be changed within the option set.
To adjust the pricing on your option set, follow these steps:
- Select Edit on the option set you would like to edit.
- Select View in store to edit.
- From the Shopify product page, adjust the price.
- Select Save.