Bold Subscriptions V1 allows you to offer your customers the ability to prepay for their subscription.
There are tons of reasons why customers would be inclined to prepay instead of paying monthly, like discounts. Prepaid subscriptions are typically offered at tiered discounts, which incentivize your customers to prepay for longer periods of time.
Neither you or your customers will have to worry about payment disruptions with prepaid subscriptions.
This feature works with both Single and Multiple Products cart modes.
Please note that this article only relates to Version 1 of Bold Subscriptions. If you have Version 2 of Bold Subscriptions installed on your store, please visit Subscriptions V2 Overview.
If you are unsure of which version of Bold Subscriptions that you have currently installed, please visit Identify Your Version of Bold Subscriptions.
Setting your subscriptions up as prepaid will also allow your customers to purchase your products as gifts. You can view a demo of our gift subscription feature here.
Enabling gift subscriptions will display a checkbox on your product page that asks your customers if they're purchasing this product as a gift. If selected, they will be prompted for the recipient's shipping address.
When this setting is enabled and used, the subscription will expire at the end of the prepaid period even if you have the prepaid setting to continue to charge after a specific number of orders.
How it Works
Customers will be given the option to prepay when viewing the subscription product on your store.
If the customer chooses to prepay, they will be brought directly to the recurring checkout to complete their purchase. This is expected as the process completely skips the cart page.
While in the checkout, the cost of the product, any applicable shipping charges, and any applicable taxes will be multiplied by the number of orders the customer has chosen to prepay for.
Once the order is placed, you will see an order be generated in the Shopify admin for the full cost of the order. Any prepaid reoccurring order will appear as $0.00 in the Shopify admin.
Instead of choosing No limit (which is used for non-expiring subscriptions), choose Set max numbers of recurring orders to.
You can insert as many order lengths as you like, as well as offer a % based discount for each length. You can also have them expire or auto-renew at the end of the subscription period.
Gift subscriptions will expire after the chosen length of time.
- From within Bold Subscriptions V1, select Subscriptions, then My Subscriptions.
- Select the ellipsis next to the subscription group you would like to make a Prepaid or Gift Subscription.
- Select Edit Subscription.
- Scroll down to Maximum Subscription Length.
- Select Set the max number for recurring orders to and enter length options.
- Select Allow customers to prepay for subscriptions. It should look something like this:
- Enter a number of orders you would like to offer for prepayment. You can add multiple options for your customers.
- Enter a % off incentive for prepaying. (optional)
Note: Only a percentage discount can be applied for dynamic discounts. If you are uncertain of what discount percentage to use, you can determine the discount percentage using the following percentage calculator tool.
- Choose whether the subscription renews or ends after the pre-paid subscription is over by either selecting Continue charging or Expire.
- Select Make these products prepaid only. (optional)
- Select Make prepaid subscriptions always expire if you want all pre-paid subscriptions to always expire once each pre-paid subscription ends. (optional)
- Select Allow gift subscriptions? to allow gift subscriptions. (optional)
- Under Minimum Fulfilled Order Requirement, select Customers can cancel after at least X orders and enter a minimum order amount. This prevents customers from being able to cancel the subscription until a certain amount of orders have been generated on your store.
Note: When using the Minimum Fulfilled Order Requirement feature, we recommend updating your Terms and Conditions to reflect this information.
- Select Offer the same discount on all orders if you want to offer an additional discount and enter the discount amount. (optional)
- Select Save.
When a customer places an order for a prepaid subscription, you will see an order be generated in the Shopify admin for the full cost of the order. Any prepaid reoccurring order will appear as $0.00 in the Shopify admin.
You cannot add items onto reoccurring orders for $0.00. If you try add a product to a prepaid subscription order within Shopify, it will still complete the order at $0.00.