When your customer purchases a subscription, they can do so as a guest or while logged into their Shopify customer account.
While customers do not need to be logged into their account in order to make a purchase, a customer must be able to access and log into their Shopify customer account in order to manage their subscriptions via the Manage Subscription Page.
Note: As Shopify makes new customer accounts available to merchants, we are working to support this feature in Bold Subscriptions. At this time we recommend to use classic customer accounts to ensure your customers are still able to access their Manage Subscriptions Page.
Classic customer accounts can be enabled by following the steps below.
- From within your Shopify admin, select Settings, then Checkout and accounts.
- Scroll to the Customer accounts section.
- In the Account experience section, select Edit.
- In the Login experience section, select one or both of the following options:
- Show login link in the header of online store and at checkout
- Require all customers to log in before checkout
- In the Choose which version of customer accounts to use section, select Classic customer accounts.
- Select Save.
For more information on Shopify's customer accounts, please visit Shopify's support article on Customer accounts.
Please contact our Customer Success team if you are experiencing any issues with your customer accounts.