If you are switching from the legacy standalone version of Quantity Breaks to Custom Pricing, the CSV file will need to be created from scratch, as there is currently no migration process from the legacy version of Quantity Breaks to Custom Pricing.
- Before you begin, ensure that all store products have a SKU entered.
- All products that have an associated quantity break need a "QTY" field in your import sheet with the break ranges specified.
- You will need to be on the premium Custom Pricing plan with Quantity Breaks ($79.99/month) for this import to work correctly.
- From Shopify's admin, select Products.
- Select Export.
- Under "Export", select All products.
- Under "Export as", select CSV for Excel, Numbers, or other spreadsheet programs.
Select Export products.
Note: This will be emailed to you. You will need to select the link and download it to your computer to continue.
- Select the CSV file and open with Excel or comparable software.
- Delete all columns, except:
- Variant SKU
- Variant Price
To the right of the Variant Price column, add additional columns for each customer price group (tag).
Note: If you have one tag (ie. Wholesale), add one column. If you have three tags (ie. Gold, Silver, Bronze), add three columns.
Enter the exact price for each variant in the corresponding cell.
- Duplicate the product lines for each quantity break you want to import.
- Insert a QTY column beside the "Variant SKU" and specify the minimum quantities required for each break.
- Edit the price for each wholesale tier.
- Delete Variant Price column.
- Add a Price Type column and specify how your prices are set.
Note: You can use either $ or % as the price types. If you're entering the direct cost of the product at each price tier, use $. If you're specifying the discount amount, use %.
- Select Save.
- From within Custom Pricing, select Import/Export.
- Select Choose File.
- Select the CSV file.
- Select Open.
- Select Import.
- Select the attribute that corresponds to each column.
- Select Upload.
Note: The app will start the process of creating the pricing variants. Depending on the number of products and variants that need to be created, this can take some time to complete. A general rule of thumb is about 1 hour per 1000 variants.
- Your wholesale product pricing tiers should be verified to ensure that your customers are receiving the correct discount when they log into their account. Visit Custom Pricing Installation for more information on how to verify your price discounts. Please note that the related tags and customer accounts should be used instead of our Bold test account when verifying your wholesale prices.