When Custom Pricing variants and/or pricing are visible on the storefront while Custom Pricing is on the Variant Dependant Method, it's usually because the meta-data (hidden tags) on one or more of the app's variants has been removed.
There are a few different reasons as to why this may occur:
- The app's variant was modified manually within the Products section of your Shopify admin.
- An import was initiated in your Shopify admin without pausing Custom Pricing's product pricing groups.
- The product and variants were duplicated from another product that had Custom Pricing discounts applied to it.
- Another app may have affected/changed your product's information and caused the app's meta-data to be cleared.
To stop these variants from displaying on the storefront, please follow the steps below.
- From within Custom Pricing, select Product Pricing Groups.
- Under Status, move the toggle to the off position.
Note: The toggle will show as green when it's running and grey when it's off. Pausing or turning the off the group should remove the app's variants from the associated products.
- Wait until the sync process has completed.
Note: We're able to perform these updates at a rate of roughly 1000 variants per hour. For example: A product pricing group of 3000 variants will take about 3 hours to turn off.
- Navigate to your Shopify admin.
- Select Products.
- Select a product you saw this issue with.
- Under Variants, look for any Custom Pricing variants that are still showing.
- Next to each of these variants, select Delete.
- Navigate back to Custom Pricing.
- Select Product Pricing Groups.
- Under Status, move the toggle to the on position.
Note: If you have many variants that need to be deleted, it may be a good idea to export all of your products as a CSV file, mass delete the extra variants in Excel, and re-import the products. Visit Importing and Exporting Products (links to Shopify) for more details. Please note that if you're using multiple inventory locations, they will not be respected in the export.