This guide answers several common questions in regards to functionality with Bold Discounts.
Here's the questions that are covered in this article:
- Can I create a Buy/Get type discount using Bold Discounts?
- Can I create discount codes or use automatic discount codes when using Bold Discounts?
- Can I run sales on a specific variant?
- Can I set shipping rates that only apply to products that are discounted via Bold Discounts?
- How fast does the app discount my products?
- What are the limitations of using this app?
- What happens if a product is in multiple sales?
- Why are my products discounted on the store but not in my admin?
- Why are the products I just added to my collection not on sale?
- Will my discounts work on other sales channels?
Please select a question to view the answer:
No, Buy/Get type discounts cannot be created in Bold Discounts.
Buy/Get type discounts can be created via Bold Bundles on the premium plan. Please visit Bold Bundles Information & Pricing for more information on how this feature works!
No, discount codes cannot be created in Bold Discounts at this time. All discount codes will need to be created in your Shopify admin.
Automatic discount codes cannot be applied while a discount has been set on a product via Bold Discounts. The only way to allow stacking between automatic discount codes and discounts via Bold Discounts is to enable the Admin Price Sync feature within Bold Discounts.
Yes, Discounts provides you with the flexibility of placing specific variants of a product on sale.
When creating your sales, you can select a hyperlink underneath your products to choose certain variants:
Visit Create, Edit or Delete a Sale with Bold Discounts for more information on how to create discounts in the app.
No, Bold Discounts does not have built-in shipping rates at this time. The shipping rates that are set in the Shopify admin will be used when discounted products via Bold Discounts are present in the checkout page.
Bold Discounts is able to apply sales on the storefront at a rate of roughly 250 products per second. This means that a sale with roughly 3000 products in it should take about 12 seconds to go live on the storefront.
Discounts uses a connection with Shopify's order API to ensure that your customers are charged the correct price on the site.
Note: If the Admin Price Sync setting is enabled, the backend prices on your store will take approximately 15 minutes per 250 variants to reflect the discounted price, however, the discounts will still be present on the storefront.
This app version is currently incompatible with the following Bold apps:
Due to the way these apps adjust pricing on the storefront, they do not work correctly with Discounts. Our developers are working on a solution, and this article will be updated as these integrations are completed.
Discounts uses a connection with Shopify's draft orders to ensure your customers are always receiving the correct price for their discounted items.
- Third-party checkout buttons (i.e. Amazon Pay, PayPal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, etc.) should be hidden on the cart page and only visible in the checkout.
- Third-party checkouts will not work correctly with Bold Discounts (except for Bold Cashier).
- Most currency converters must be disabled before offering sales with Discounts.
- Shopify discount codes will not work with Discounts while the Admin Price Sync feature is not enabled (this may be a benefit, depending on the sales you're offering).
- Draft orders remain in your Shopify admin after a customer has checked out.
Discounts is integrated with our Bold Cashier app to provide you with the flexibility to use third-party checkout buttons and offer discount codes.
Visit Bold Discounts Bold Integrations for more information on how to enable this integration.
Products that are apart of multiple sales at the same time will have the best discount applied to them.
Discounts reads which rules are being applied to a specific product and chooses the largest discount to apply for the customer.
- Product A is $20
- Product A is in both Discount A and Discount B
- Discount A offers a 50% discount
- Discount B is a $5-off sale
- Product A would have Discount A's rules applied, as your customers would receive this item for $10 instead of $15
Note: The following discount rules above apply to both storefront price and admin price syncs.
Discounts applies its sales to your products on a cosmetic level and as a result, does not physically adjust your item prices within your Shopify admin.
Discounts will still charge your customers the correct sale price, as it uses a connection with Shopify's order API to ensure that this occurs on the site.
If the Admin Price Sync setting is enabled, this feature has the ability to change the prices for products in your store's admin. Visit Bold Discounts Information & Pricing for more information on how to enable this feature.
Discounts is not currently able to dynamically add products to a collection that is already on sale.
If you add items to a collection that has an active discount, you need to edit the sale, reselect the collection, then save the sale.
Visit Create, Edit or Delete a Sale with Bold Discounts for more information on how to adjust your sales.
Discounts primarily works on the Online Store sales channel. Discounts that are activated in the app cannot be applied to other sales channels, such as Shopify POS, unless the Admin Price Sync feature is enabled.
The Admin Price Sync feature has the ability to change the prices for products in your store's admin which will change the price on other sales channels. Visit Bold Discounts Information & Pricing for more information on how to enable this feature.