This guide answers several frequently asked questions in regards to functionality with Bold Discounts. Please select a question below to view the answer.
No, Buy/Get type discounts cannot be created in Bold Discounts.
Buy/Get type discounts can be created via Bold Bundles on the premium plan. Please visit Bold Bundles Information & Pricing for more information on how this feature works.
No, discount codes cannot be created in Bold Discounts at this time. All discount codes need to be created in your Shopify admin.
Automatic discount codes cannot be applied while a discount has been set on a product via Bold Discounts. The only way to allow stacking between automatic discount codes and discounts via Bold Discounts is to enable the Admin Price Sync feature within Bold Discounts.
No, Bold Discounts does not have built-in shipping rates at this time. The shipping rates that are set in the Shopify admin are used when discounted products via Bold Discounts are present in the checkout page.
Bold Discounts uses a connection with Shopify's draft orders to ensure your customers are always receiving the correct price for their discounted items.
- No variants are created.
- Faster syncing than Version 1 of Bold Discounts, allowing discounts to keep in sync with latest store prices.
- More compatible with inventory management apps.
- Follows Shopify's out of stock rules.
- Discount groups can be turned on and off automatically using a start and end date.
- Third-party checkout buttons (i.e. Amazon Pay, PayPal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, etc.) should be hidden on the cart page and only visible in the checkout.
- Third-party checkouts do not work correctly with Bold Discounts (except for Bold Cashier).
- Most currency converters must be disabled before offering sales with Bold Discounts.
- Shopify discount codes do not work with Bold Discounts while the Admin Price Sync feature is not enabled (this may be a benefit, depending on the sales you're offering).
- Draft orders remain in your Shopify admin after a customer has checked out.
- Discount groups need to be paused when importing or editing products in the Shopify admin to avoid incorrect pricing with products discounted via Bold Discounts.
Bold Discounts is integrated with Bold Cashier app to provide you with the flexibility to use third-party checkout buttons and offer discount codes.
Visit Bold Discounts Bold Integrations for more information on how to enable this integration.
Bold Discounts primarily works on the Online Store sales channel. Discounts that are activated in the app cannot be applied to other sales channels, such as Shopify POS, unless the Admin Price Sync feature is enabled.
The Admin Price Sync feature has the ability to change the prices for products in your store's admin which changes the price on other sales channels. Visit Bold Discounts Information & Pricing for more information on how to enable this feature.
No. Dynamic Buy Now buttons on your product pages skip the necessary add to cart functionality that Bold Discounts requires when your customers add products to the checkout. This may cause orders to not receive the discount that is being applied via Bold Discounts.
To remove this button from your store, please follow the steps on the Dynamic Checkout Buttons on Shopify article.