Discount groups are created in Discounts to apply discounted rates to products on the storefront. Discounts can be created on your site using a specific list of products, specific collections or the entire list of products on your store.
You can discount items that are selected in a discount group by a percentage or amount off for each product.
Tags can be created in discount groups that are assigned to the products being discounted in a discount group. These tags can be used in a custom collection to automatically add discounted products into a daily deal on the storefront.
When a product is discounted in an active discount group, Discounts uses a Shopify connector API to change the product prices in your Shopify admin. If products do not have a compare at price applied before the discount group is enabled, the price before the discount will move to the compare at price field.
For example, let's say:
- Product A is priced at $10.00 in Shopify and has no compare at price.
- Product A is placed in a discount group that has a 10% off discount.
- When the discount group is turned on, Product A's price will be changed to $9.00.
- The $10.00 price will switch over to the compare at price.
If a product has both a price field and a compare at price, the product will commonly show the price field with the original compare at price crossed out on the storefront.
For example, let's say:
- Product B is priced at $10.00 in Shopify with a compare at price of $15.00.
- Product B is placed in a discount group that has a 10% off discount.
- When the discount group is turned on, Product B's price will be changed to $9.00.
- The original compare at price of $15.00 will remain untouched.
When products are added into a discount group in Discounts, the products can be added manually one product at a time, in bulk by selecting a collection or by selecting the entire store.
Discounts can be set by either applying a percentage base discount or a set amount off the product.
If you are using a percentage based discount or a set amount off calculation type and have products that end in different cents, you can apply an override setting to have all products selected in the discount group to end at the same cent value.
A discount tag can be applied to each product that is selected in a discount group to allow a quick and easy way to apply daily deal promotions on the storefront.