Bold Subscriptions integrates with Bold Checkout to provide your store with the benefits of having its own built-in checkout, and the ability to offer subscription options to your customers.
This comprehensive step-by-step is for stores that are setting up both Bold Checkout and Subscriptions at the same time.
Let's get started!
Checkout uses its own version of the BigCommerce checkout to process its orders. Because of this, the app needs an attached payment gateway in order to accept payments for your customers orders.
Note: If you are already actively using either one of these apps, you need to use the same payment gateway in order for this integration to work correctly.
Visit our article on Setting up a Payment Gateway in Bold Checkout for more information on how to enable your payment gateway within our app.
Within Bold Checkout, the shipping zones are how the app determines where your store will ship to, and how much it will cost to ship to that region of the world.
For Checkout to charge taxes on your products, there must be a tax setting specified within Checkout admin.
- We strongly suggest testing Checkouts functionality on a back-up theme before using the app on your main checkout. If any steps were missed during the set-up process, your customers temporarily may not be able to check-out on your website.
Note: This is also completed to ensure that your payment gateway is set-up, and working correctly.
Please visit our article on Placing a test order with Bold Checkout for more information on completing this step.
Please follow these steps to finish this integration:
- From BigCommerce's admin, Select Apps.
- Select Bold Checkout.
- Select Marketplace.
- Select Install on the "Bold Subscriptions 2" option.
- Select the PCI compliance checkbox.
- Select Confirm.
- Select Confirm Payment.
- Enter your billing information, then payment information.
- Select Confirm, then Allow.