Bold Cashier offers integrations with different payment gateways to connect through the app. This step is required, as it will allow you to safely and securely capture your customers payment information.
Each payment gateway has various benefits, and we strongly suggest investigating each gateway further to see which will best support your business. This includes the possibility of your customers using pre-paid credit cards, converting currencies, or fraud detection.
Certain payment gateways also have a list of restricted business, which is usually for stores that sell certain products with high chargeback rates. This is also something to consider when selecting a payment gateway.
Supported Payment Gateways
Below is the list of payment gateways that are currently integrated with Bold Cashier.
To see which payment gateways will work best for your country, please see Gateways by Country (links to Spreedly).
Note: Some payment gateways are unable to integrate with the Bold Multi-Currency app or Bold Subscriptions. If you are planning on integrating these apps with Cashier, please review this with your payment gateway provider, or contact our Merchant Success team for assistance.
The below list will also include the required credentials, and where to find them within your payment gateway.
Stripe is our preferred payment gateway provider. With Stripe, your store will be able to accept credit cards and Walletpay (Apple Pay and Google Pay).
Stripe will allow you to create an account to start accepting payments right away. However, your account may be subject to review. If you are selling products/services from one of Stripe's restricted businesses, then your account may be removed/disabled. It is very important to review this before completing this integration.
For more information on Stripe and enabling Walletpay, please visit our Payment Gateways Integration article.
When connecting to Stripe, you will need to log in with your username and password.
Braintree can take 7-10 business days to approve your account. Once your Braintree account has been approved, you will have the option to have a PayPal button appear in the checkout of your store. This option is only available if the Braintree PayPal gateway is selected when setting this up.
Braintree can also be integrated with Bold Multi-Currency with the help of Cashier. For more information, please visit our Payment Gateway Integrations article.
Here are the credentials required for Braintree, and where to find them:
- Merchant ID: Gear > Business > Merchant Accounts
- Public Key: Gear > API > Keys > API Keys
- Private Key: Gear > API > Keys > API Keys > View
- Tokenization Key: Gear > API > Keys > Tokenization Keys
- Merchant Account ID: Gear > Business > Merchant Accounts
Adyen is a payment gateway that is popular on multiple different platforms and in many different countries.
For this integration to work, the manual payment capture must be turned on. To enable this on your store, please follow these steps:
- Log in to your Adyen Customer Area with your merchant-level account.
- Go to Account, then Settings.
- In the Capture Delay drop-down menu, select manual.
- Select Submit.
This will allow Cashier to create Authorizations, and then capture them. A capture will happen seconds after the authorization, unless you have delayed payment capture enabled. With delayed payment capture, the payment will be capture when the order is fulfilled, or you manually capture the payment.
Please contact Adyen's support team if you have any additional questions regarding their service.
Here are the credentials required for Adyen, and where to find them:
- Merchant Key: Account > Merchant Accounts > Account Code
- API Key: Account > Users > Click on ws@Company.[companyname] > Generate new API Key > Copy the key > Save API Key
Note: After saving, the newly generated API Key will not be visible anymore. Your old API Key will also expire 24 hours after you save the new one.
Some features of Authorize.Net's advanced fraud detection suite may not work with the transactions going through Cashier. For example, AVS (address verification system), and/or CVV validation.
Please contact Authorize.Net's support team if you have any additional questions regarding their service.
Here are the credentials required for Authorize.net, and where to find them:
- API Login ID: Account > API Credentials & Key
- Transaction Key: Account > API Credentials & Key
- Client Key: Account > Manage Public Client Key
Here are the credentials required for Bambora North America, and where to find them:
- Merchant ID: Administration > Company Info
- API Key: Administration > Account Settings > Order Settings
- Username: Use your Account Username
- Password: Use your Account Password
Here are the credentials required for Checkout V2, and where to find them:
- Secret Key: Settings > Channels > API Keys
Here are the credentials required for CyberSource, and where to find them:
- CyberSource user name: CyberSource account username
- Your transaction key: Payment Configuration > Key Management > Generate Key > Transaction Processing > SOAP
Here are the credentials required for Elavon, and where to find them:
- Merchant ID: Refer to top left of page after logging in (six numerical characters called Account ID).
- User ID: Usually alpha characters/letters supplied to you by Customer Activation and Training at Elavon.
- PIN: 64 characters long, supplied to you by Customer Activation and Training at Elavon.
Here are the credentials required for FatZebra, and where to find them:
- Your Fat Zebra Username: This is different from your account login ID.
- API Token: Please reach out to Fat Zebra support if you need assistance getting your API token.
To use MiGS, you will need to change the payment method from a single sale transaction, to the authorize/capture payment method.
Note: MiGS has rebranded to Mastercard Payment Gateway Services (MPGS). The newer version of MPGS' payment gateway portal is not supported with Bold Cashier.
Here are the credentials required for Mastercard Internet Gateway Service, and where to find them:
- Your Merchant ID & Access Code: MiGS uses a merchant ID and access code for payment processing. These credentials are needed to accept payments. The bank that creates the merchant account will provide you with these credentials. If you've signed up for the payment gateway through a bank, and have not received credentials, please follow up with a representative from that bank and they will be able to assist you.
- AMA User & AMA User Password: Merchants must use Advanced Merchant Administration (AMA) and must be set up with the appropriate AMA privileges to run transactions. You can contact your bank to ensure or request this feature is added to your account.
Note: If your store is currently using Multi-Currency and Cashier together, Moneris will be unable to accept any currencies other than CAD or USD, depending on which is currently set up within your account.
Please contact Moneris' support team if you have any additional questions regarding their service.
Here are the credentials required for Moneris:
- Store ID
- API Token
Note: Please reach out to Moneris if you need help finding these credentials.
When pairing Payflow Pro to Cashier, you will need to whitelist the following IP addresses in Payflow Pro to be able to integrate them together. Visit PayPal's website for more information on whitelisting IP addresses.
Please contact PayFlow Pro's support team if you have any additional questions regarding their service.
Credentials can be found in your PayPal Business Account under My Account > Profile > Request API credentials under "Account Information". Select Set up PayFlow Pro API Access under "Option 2".
- Vendor: Username you use to log in to your account - Often same as User.
- Partner: Partner or Merchant/Vendor ID. This is often the reseller where the PayFlow Pro account was obtained from. This will almost always be PayPal.
- Password: Your account password.
- User: User account ID - often same as Login.
Qualpay is currently incompatible with Bold Subscriptions. This is important to note if you currently have both Bold Commerce apps installed to your store.
Please contact QualPay's support team if you have any additional questions regarding their service.
Here are the credentials required for Qualpay and where to find them:
- Merchant ID: Administration > API Security Keys > Key Detail > Merchant ID
- API Key: Administration : API Security Keys > Create Security Key > Add Label > Manage Permissions > Set Permissions to Payment Gateway API and Customer Vault API > Get Key > Copy It
Here are the credentials required for QuickPay V10, and where to find them:
- API Key: Settings > Integration > API Key
Here are the credentials required for Sage Pay, and where to find them:
- Your Vendor Name: Vendor name will be provided to you by SagePay
Here are the credentials required for USA ePay and where to find them:
- Source Key: Sources and Keys > Add API Key > Apply
Here are the credentials required for WorldPay and where to find them:
- Login: Account Login (may also be referred to as Merchant ID)
- Password: Account Password (may also be referred to as XML Password).
To set up a payment gateway on your store, please follow these steps:
- Within Shopify's admin, select Apps.
- Select Bold Cashier.
- Select Payment Options, then Payment Gateways.
- Select Connect Gateway.
- Select Connect next to your preferred gateway.
Note: Some payment gateways may redirect you to their site to complete the set-up process.
- Add the required Payment Gateway information (such as username, password, API token, etc)
- Select OK.