Since Bold Subscriptions is integrated with Shopify, the regular emails Shopify sends to your customers will be sent to your subscribers as well. Once Subscriptions creates a customer's order in Shopify, they will receive an order confirmation email from Shopify.
All emails that apply to a regular Shopify order after it's been generated should still apply and send out to your customers. In addition to these, there are several email templates offered by Subscriptions.
The majority of the email templates should be enabled, but the most important ones are the Credit Card Declined, Shipping Address Declined, Manage Subscription Order, and the Insufficient Inventory templates.
To configure these email notifications, please follow these steps:
- From Shopify's admin, select Apps.
- Select Bold Subscriptions.
- Select Settings, then Email Notifications.
- Edit the Email Settings to display your information.
- Select the User Activity Notifications you would like to enable.
- Select Save.
- Select Edit next to the email template you would like to enable.
Note: You can test your emails by selecting the Test Email button beside the respective notification.
- Deselect the Check if you DO NOT want to send an email checkbox to enable it.
- Edit Email Subject and Email Body (optional).
- Select Save.
Customize the Email Template
We offer a great tool that you can use to edit email templates in Bold Subscriptions. To use it, please follow these steps:
- Complete the step-by-step above.
- Go to Bold Commerce Email Editor for Bold Subscriptions.
- Next to "You are currently viewing", select the Email Template you created.
- Select a Quick Theme or Import your own theme.
- In the "Header Section", enter the URL for your Logo.
- Adjust any Color, Size, Border, etc.
- Select Get Code.
- Select Copy to Clipboard.
- Back within Bold Subscriptions, in the Email Template under the "Email Body" field, select Tools.
- Select Source code.
- Erase all the text within this area, and paste the new information.
- Select Ok, then Save.
Improve Email Deliverability
Bold Subscriptions has a number of automatic email notifications that you can enable to keep your customers in the loop regarding their subscription and actions that may affect them.
About SPF records
Certain email providers may see a higher number of emails sent to a customer's spam box, or may not even be sent to the customer at all.
To improve Subscriptions' email deliverability, it may be necessary to add our Sender Policy Framework record to your existing DNS.
An SPF record is a type of Domain Name Service (DNS) record that identifies which mail servers are permitted to send email on behalf of your domain. The purpose of an SPF record is to detect and prevent spammers from sending messages with forged "From" addresses on your domain.
Adding our Bold Apps SPF record to your DNS should improve this, and allow customers to receive automated emails from our app more reliably.
How to Add Our SPF Record to your DNS
This process will be different for the various email providers, but instructions should be easily found through your hosting support or email service help articles.
Please see the step-by-step, below:
- Login to your domain's administrative console.
- Navigate to the page where the DNS records can be updated.
- Create a TXT record containing this text:
v=spf1 include:spf1.boldapps.net ~all.
- Ensure you use ~all and not -all. If you don't, this may cause some deliver issues.
- Save these changes.