Once Bold Checkout is completely set up on your store, it is recommended that a test order be placed. This will ensure that everything is set up, and working properly for your customers to begin using.
Testing can be done when enabling development mode in Bold Checkout. This will give your store the ability to process an order through a test payment gateway.
If you create a test order while this app is live on your store, you will be charged for the order using real funds. Once the order is complete, you are able to refund that purchase.
Enable Development Mode in Checkout
Bold Checkout will replace your BigCommerce Checkout on your store. This helps with working with app integrations, and helps with processing your stores orders through an alternative checkout. Before enabling this app for your customers, you may want to enable development mode to test it.
Bold recommends this step so you can ensure all your features are working as expected.
Please follow these steps to enable Checkout's development mode:
- From BigCommerce's admin, select Apps.
- Select Bold Checkout.
- Select Payment Options, then Payment Gateways.
- Select the toggle to enable Development Mode.
Note: This will have to be turned off again when you would like Checkout to go live again on your store.
- Once Development mode has been enabled, you can proceed with placing a test order.
Place a Test Order
It is recommended to complete these steps while on the development mode in Checkout, as instructed above. This is to ensure that you can connect to our test payment gateway, and that the order will not charge you real funds to complete.
When creating test orders, it is best to try different scenarios when testing (for example: gift cards, discount codes, credit cards, being logged in or out, etc.) to ensure everything is set up properly.
If development mode has been enabled, or if you would like to place a live test order to have it refunded after, then please proceed with these steps:
- From your storefront, add products to your cart.
- Select Checkout.
- Ensure the URL in the address bar now begins with cashier.boldcommerce.com.
- Proceed through the Checkout, and enter your Customer Information or Log in.
- Enter the following Test Payment Card information:
Card Type Good Card Number Failed/Declined Card Number Visa 4111 1111 1111 1111 4012 8888 8888 1881
- Select Complete Order.
- From BigCommerce's admin, select Apps after receiving the "Order Confirmation Email".
- Select Bold Checkout.
- Select Orders, then All Orders.
- Ensure the order you placed appears here as Captured.