This article outlines how to manage your orders and abandoned carts in Bold Cashier.
Bold Cashier uses its own checkout to process your customer's orders. Because of this, the app has its own section for managing both abandoned carts and orders generated by Bold Cashier.
The following details will be recorded in Bold Cashier when a cart is abandoned:
- The order's last update date.
- Customer name. (if added by the customer)
- Customer email address. (if added by the customer)
- A link to the customer's abandoned cart.
When an abandoned cart email has been sent to a customer, the email status will reflect that an email has been sent, along with a time stamp of when the email was sent to the customer.
Orders can be searched for from Bold Cashier by using the order number or customer's email address that were used in the order:
If an order cannot be located using the search functionality, you can use the app's search filters below the search bar:
- Date Range - Allows you to set a start and end date for when the order was created or imported into your store.
- Payment Status - Allows you to filter orders based on a payment status that the order is set to. For example, only orders that have a status of Paid or Pending can be shown, while all other statuses are hidden.
- Fulfillment Status - Allows you to filter orders that are either fulfilled, partially fulfilled (if multiple products were added into the order), or unfulfilled.
- Created in Shopify - Allows you to filter orders that were either created from within Shopify (usually successful orders), or orders that were not generated from Shopify (failed orders).
After entering an order number, email address, or using one of the search filters, selecting the blue search icon will display orders based on the search filters used:
All search results will display the following:
- Order date.
- Shopify Order ID.
- Customer's email address.
- Payment status.
- Fulfillment status.
- Order total.
And an Actions ellipsis where you can capture payments, fulfill orders, and refund orders.
To view an order's full summary, select the Actions ellipses, then View order details. If the transaction has failed, you can select transaction details to view more information about the transaction, including payment gateway data from the failed transaction.
Note: Full payment gateway data for failed transactions depends on the payment gateway and is not available for every payment gateway.
When a customer makes a purchase while Cashier is enabled, the order will be created in both the Shopify admin and Bold Cashier. All orders are located in Bold Cashier under Orders > All Orders.
When an order fails to be created, only a record of the order and its error message will be made in Bold Cashier.
When a customer reaches the Bold Cashier checkout and adds a name or email address, then closes the checkout, the customer's abandoned checkout will be recorded in Bold Cashier under Orders > Abandoned Carts.
Each recorded abandoned cart includes the following:
- The last updated date the customer made a change at in the checkout.
- The customer's name and email address.
- A direct link to the customer's abandoned checkout.
- A status of whether an automated email has been sent to the customer or not.
- A time stamp when the abandoned email was sent.
Abandoned carts can also be filtered by date to help you identify which customers are leaving the checkout. To apply a date filter, simply add a start date and an end date under Orders > Abandoned Carts, and select Filter Dates.
You can even export abandoned carts from Bold Cashier into a CSV file by selecting the Export Table button next to the search filter.
Selecting the export button will generate a CSV file for all of the abandoned cart records that appear on the results table so you can either export a list of all of your abandoned carts from the beginning of time to the present date, or based on a start and end date used in the search results.