Bold Checkout integrates with Bold Subscriptions Pro to provide your store with the benefits of using Checkout, with the ability to offer subscription options to your customers.
The instructions within this article are for stores who are just starting to use Bold Subscriptions Pro, and want to integrate the app with Checkout right away. If you are already actively using Subscriptions Pro on your store, please contact our Merchant Success Team for further assistance.
To integrate these two apps completely, please follow each of the steps below:
1. Install the Bold Checkout and Subscription apps.
The integration between these apps requires that they are both installed on your BigCommerce store:
- Visit Bold Commerce - Checkout to install the Bold Checkout app on your store.
- Visit Bold Commerce - Subscriptions to install the Subscriptions app on your store.
2. Set up a Payment Gateway in Bold Checkout.
Bold Checkout uses its own version of the BigCommerce checkout to process its orders. Because of this, the app needs an attached payment gateway in order to accept payments for your customers' orders.
Note: If you are already actively using either one of these apps, you need to use the same payment gateway in order for this integration to work correctly.
Visit Set up a Payment Gateway in Bold Checkout for more information on how to enable your payment gateway in the app.
3. Adding Shipping Zones in Bold Checkout.
Bold Checkout's shipping zones are how the app determines where your store will ship to, and how much it will cost to ship to that region of the world.
Visit Create Shipping Zones in Bold Checkout for more information on creating shipping zones.
4. Set up Tax Settings in Bold Checkout.
For Bold Checkout to charge taxes on your products, there must be tax settings specified within Bold Checkout's admin.
Visit Set up Tax Settings in Bold Checkout for more information on how to create tax zones.
5. Test Bold Checkout's functionality.
We strongly suggest testing Bold Checkout's functionality on a back-up theme before using the app as your main checkout. If any steps were missed during the set-up process, your customers temporarily may not be able to check out on your site.
Note: This is also done to ensure that your payment gateway is set up and working correctly.
Visit Place a Test Order with Bold Checkout for more information on how to place a test order with the app.
6. Set up Bold Subscriptions Pro.
Bold Subscriptions Pro should be set up before enabling the Bold Checkout integration.
Visit Create a Standard Subscription Group for more information on how to create your subscriptions in the app.
7. Contact our Merchant Success Team.
To complete the integration, there are a few steps our team needs to take in order for the apps to properly communicate with one another.
Note: If you are already actively using Subscriptions, it may take 2-3 business days for us to enable the integration. Your current subscription customers need to be moved from Subscriptions to Bold Checkout on our server side.
Please contact our Merchant Success team for further assistance with the integration at this point.
8. Enable the Bold Subscriptions Pro Integration.
Once you've received a confirmation message from our team, please follow these steps to finish the integration:
- From BigCommerce's admin, select Apps.
- Select Bold Checkout.
- Select Marketplace.
- Select Install on the "Bold Subscriptions 2" option.
- Select Allow under the list of permissions.
- Select Confirm Payment, and ensure your billing and payment information is entered.
- Select Allow.