This article outlines customer facing emails in Bold Cashier on Shopify.
The regular emails Shopify sends to your customers (except emails for abandoned carts) will also be sent to your customers through Bold Cashier. Once an order has been created by Bold Cashier, your customers will receive an order confirmation email from Shopify.
Similar to the Shopify checkout, Bold Cashier also has a marketing newsletter option that customers can enable in the checkout.
If you are using Bold Cashier and Bold Multi-Currency together, it's recommended adding a converted currency to the order confirmation email in order to show your customers the amount they paid in their own local currency.
Customize the Abandoned Cart Emails
Bold Cashier offers its own way to customize the emails sent for your customer's abandoned carts.
Because Bold Cashier uses its own checkout process, these emails must be enabled and customized to continue sending abandoned cart reminders to your customers.
Note: Shopify's abandoned cart emails will not be sent for orders that are processed through Cashier.
- From within Bold Cashier, select Orders, then Abandoned Cart Settings.
- Select the Enable abandoned cart emails toggle.
Note: Leaving this disabled will not send abandoned cart emails to your customers.
- Choose the wait time of sending the email after the cart is abandoned (IE. One hour, Six hours, Twenty-four hours).
- Select Do you want to allow multiple emails to be sent in a 24 hour period If you would like to do so.
Note: This will only apply to newly abandoned cart. Each individual abandoned cart will only send one email.
- Edit the Subject Line as needed.
- Edit the Email Content as needed.
Note: You can update the source code of the emails by selecting Tools > Source Code
- Select Save.
Bold Cashier provides you with the ability to choose how your customers subscribe to your marketing material:
- Opt-in or opt-out by default.
- Hide the selection box altogether.
Bold Cashier also offers an override feature that can be used to only send marketing emails to customers that have opted in for accepting marketing, or to all customers regardless if they have opted in or not.
To change your marketing email settings and adjust the override setting, please follow the steps below:
- From within Bold Cashier, select Settings, then General Settings.
- Navigate to Email Marketing and select one of the following options:
- Unchecked by default - The marketing newsletter box will be unchecked when customers checkout. Your customers will have to specifically opt-in to receive your marketing material. We suggest selecting this option if you're selling to regions that have local anti-spam legislation.
- Checked by default - The marketing newsletter box will be checked when customers checkout. Your customers will have to opt-out from receiving your marketing material if they do not want to be emailed. This option may not be ideal if you're selling to regions that have local anti-spam legislation as it may violate those laws.
- Hidden - The marketing newsletter box will be hidden from your customer's sight. This is a good option if you do not regularly send out marketing material. When hidden, the checkbox will act as if it is not checked.
- Select Save.
- Select Orders, then Abandoned Cart Settings.
- Under Send marketing emails to:, select one of the override options:
- Only customers who have opted in to accept marketing - Only customers that have selected the marketing option in the Bold Cashier checkout will receive your marketing emails.
- All customers - All of your customers, regardless of them selecting the accept marketing option in Bold Cashier, will receive your marketing emails.
Note: You will need to ensure that you are complying with anti-spam regulations.
- Select Save.
Show Converted Currency Amount on the Order Confirmation
This code only adds a line to the Order Confirmation email that shows what the customer paid. It will not convert the currency of the other prices in the email.
Bold Cashier uses Shopify's order confirmation email template to show your customers the amount they paid in their currency.
- From the Shopify admin, select Settings.
Note: This is located in the bottom left corner of your Shopify admin.
- Select Notifications.
- Select Order confirmation.
- If you're using Shopify's template, copy and paste the default order confirmation code over top of the Email body (HTML) section.
- If you're using a custom template, copy and paste the customized order confirmation code just below </table> for the Total line.