Bold Cashier allows you to use Google Tag Manager to expand on your analytics for your checkout process. In order to complete this integration, you will need to have a Google Tag Manager account to deploy your tags to Cashier.
Cashier also has a direct integration with Google Analytics and Facebook Pixel. If you use either of these already, and have the tracking tag in your Google Tag Manager Container, you may be seeing your checkout events being tracked twice. If you have Google Tag Manager enabled, we suggest that you use it for all your analytics tracking.
- From the Shopify admin, select Apps.
- Select Bold Cashier
- Select Settings, then Analytics.
- Under Google Tag Manager (GTM), enter your GTM Container ID.
- Select Save.
- Select I Accept.
Note: By accepting the terms of service with using Google Tag Manager, you are agreeing to be responsible for the security of your customers' data.
Bold Cashier is a single page application, which means that it will be unable to trigger any page views in Google Tag Manager. Since this is unable to be tracked, you could use the History Change trigger as an option instead.
- Within Google Tag Manager, select Triggers > New.
- Select Trigger Configuration.
- Select Other > History Change Trigger.
- Set which triggers you would like to track:
a) Select all history changes to track events any time the page changes (optional).
b) Specify which history changes to track on specific pages.
Below are a list of different pages that exist within Bold Cashier:
Customer information page has no URL modifier:
- Shipping method: URL contains: /shipping_method
- Payment method: URL contains: /payment_method
- Thank you Page: URL contains: /confirmation
Main page has no URL modifier:
- Thank you Page: /confirmation
For a full list of variables used for Bold Cashier, please visit our Cashier API Documentation.
Bold recommends using only Google Tag Manager for all analytics and tracking scripts, including custom scripts. This allows you to keep everything within the same place, and customized to your needs.
If your store has previously integrated Google Analytics & Facebook Pixel in Bold Cashier, we would recommend integrating them through Google Tag Manager instead.
For more information, please visit Google Analytics & Bold Cashier.
Some Bold apps may change or affect information sent through Google Tag Manager. These are as follows:
- Bold Subscriptions: Initial orders will be tracked with tags deployed by Google Tag Manager. However, any recurring orders will be unable to be tracked.
- Multi-Currency: The currency of the order will be passed through Google Tag Manager.
- Bold Upsell: Google Tag Managers tracking ends when a customer lands on the Thank You page. This means that any product added with the "Upsell after checkout" option will not be tracked by Google Tag Manager.
By enabling Google Tag Manager, you are also accepting responsibility for the security and privacy of your customer's data.
Google Tag Manager is a solution offered and maintained by Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (“Google”). This is a tag management solution used to manage tags, or small code elements, used for tracking and analytics. If you enable the use of Google Tag Manager in your checkout, the solution allows you to embed third party scripts, and causes tags to be activated, that may have access to your customers' personal information and collect data.
- The Google Analytics Terms of Service located at: https://www.google.com/analytics/terms/us.html, and
- The Google LLC Advertising Program Terms.
If you have third party scripts and/or tags delivered through Google Tag Manager, you hereby acknowledge and agree that Bold Commerce is not responsible for third party scripts and/or tags. Please ensure that you trust the third party scripts you are installing, as they can cause issues and security vulnerabilities.
Bold Commerce reserves the right to limit or modify access to items of data accessible or available via the checkout page in response to security or privacy considerations.
There are many different types of tags that you can set up with Google Tag Manager. Please visit Google Tag Manager's supported tag list for more information.
If you require assistance in setting up Google Tag Manager for your store, please submit a request for a Shopify expert.