Looking to get Bold Upsell set-up and running? Follow this comprehensive step-by-step guide and you will soon be ready to launch your upsell promotions!
Let's get started!
To install Bold Upsell on your Shopify store, please follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Bold Upsell page in the Shopify app store.
- If it prompts you, enter your .myshopify.com URL.
- Accept the App Permissions, then select Install App.
- Select Start Free Trial to approve the future monthly charges.
Note: If you have previously installed the app, you will be prompted to pay the first month's fee right away.
- Read through and accept the terms and conditions.
Bold Upsell has five price plans which are currently available, as well as an optional plan that enables the Funnels functionality. Each price plan offers more views per month for the offers created within Bold Upsell. For more information on the features included within Bold Upsell, please visit our Bold Upsell app page.
When Upsell is installed to your store, it will default to the Starter plan.
To adjust which plan your store is currently on, please follow these steps:
- From within the Bold Upsell app, select Settings.
- Select Account Settings.
- Select Upgrade Plan next to the plan you would like to upgrade to.
Note: If enabling or disabling the Funnels plan, select either Turn On or Turn Off.
- Select Approve subscription.
If your store is currently on a free trial, upgrading or downgrading to a different price plan will not affect this trial on your store.
Set up your first upsell or cross-sell offer in Bold Upsell and begin watching your average order value (AOV) increase.
Bold Upsell allows you to set up two types of offers:
- Upsells (upgrade an item)
- Cross-sells (purchase an additional item)
Upsell is designed to work "out of the box" with most Shopify themes. However, there may be some instances where an additional piece of code needs to be added to your theme for the app to work correctly.
This generally occurs on themes that have a pop-up or slide-out cart, or when a customer stays on the same page after adding an item to their cart (Ajax functionality).
Using CSS and HTML, you're able to totally customize the way that your offer pop-up window looks, allowing you to match the branding of your website.
You're also easily able to adjust the language on the buttons.