Bold Checkout offers a wide variety of emails for your use, including abandoned cart email notifications, marketing, and more.
Bold Checkout will notify you of any issues with the app. Red notifications are critical and blue notifications are informational.
- From the BigCommerce admin, select Apps.
- Select Bold Checkout.
- With your mouse pointer, select the Bell Icon on the top right corner.
Bold Checkout allows you to send abandoned carts for customers who weren't able to complete their purchase(s).
Because Bold Checkout uses its own checkout process, these emails must be enabled and customized before they can be sent.
Note: BigCommerce's abandoned cart emails will not be sent for orders that are processed through Bold Checkout.
- From within Bold Checkout, select Orders, then Abandoned Cart Settings.
- Select the Enable abandoned cart emails
Note: Leaving this disabled will not send abandoned cart emails to your customers.
- Choose the wait time of sending the email after the cart is abandoned.
- Select Do you want to allow multiple emails to be sent in a 24 hour period. (optional)
- Edit the Subject Line as needed.
- Edit the Email Content as needed.
- Select Save.
Bold Checkout allows you to choose how customers can subscribe to your marketing material, like newsletters. You can offer customers the choice to opt-in by default, opt-out by default, or hide this selection altogether.
Alternatively, Bold Checkout offers an override feature that only sends marketing emails to those who have opted in, or to all of your customers regardless if they've opted in or not.
- From within Bold Checkout select Settings, then General Settings.
- Navigate to Email Marketing and select one of the following options:
- Unchecked by default: The marketing checkbox will remain unchecked.
- Checked by default: The marketing checkbox will automatically be checked.
- Hidden: The marketing checkbox will automatically be hidden.
- Select Save.
- Select Orders, then Abandoned Cart Settings.
- Under Send marketing emails to:, select one of the override options:
- Only customers who have opted in to accept marketing: The email will only be sent to those who've opted in.
- All customers: The email will be sent to all of your customers, regardless if they've opted in or not.
Note: If this option is selected, please ensure this option is set appropriately to assist towards compliance with email privacy and marketing legislation in regions your store operates.
- Select Save.
If Bold Checkout and Bold Multi-Currency are used together, it's recommended adding the converted currency to your order confirmation page so you can show your customers the amount they paid, in their local currency.
When a purchase is made in another currency through Bold Checkout, the order notifications sent out by BigCommerce will not be in the currency that the customer paid in, the amount is converted back to the default currency using the exchange rate that is set up in Multi-Currency.
You can see both the currency and total amount that your customers paid by looking at your payment gateway account, or from within Bold Checkout's admin.