If Bold Checkout and Bold Multi-Currency are used together, it's also recommended to add a converted currency to the order confirmation page to show your customers the amount that they paid in their own local currency.
When a purchase is made in another currency through Bold Checkout, the order notifications sent out by BigCommerce will not be in the currency that the customer paid in, the amount is converted back to the default currency using the exchange rate that is set up in Multi-Currency.
You can see both the currency and total amount that your customers paid by looking at your payment gateway account, or from within Bold Checkout's admin.
For steps on enabling the abandoned cart emails, enabling the marketing newsletter and adding a converted currency to the order confirmation page, please see the following sections below:
View and Receive Notifications in Bold Checkout
Bold Checkout will notify you of any issues that need to be resolved within the app. If you currently have any notifications waiting, they will display within the hover on our app. They will display either red (critical) or blue (informational).
If you are noticing that there is no bell icon when following the steps below, this means that your store currently has no notifications.
To review and resolve your notifications, please follow these steps:
- From BigCommerce's admin, select Apps.
- Select Bold Checkout.
- With your mouse pointer, select the Bell Icon on the top right corner.
Selecting the notification will walk you through resolving the trouble that our app is experiencing.
Customize the Abandoned Cart Emails
Bold Checkout offers its own abandoned cart emails for customization. Because Bold Checkout uses its own checkout process, these emails must be enabled and customized to continue sending abandoned cart reminders to your customers.
Note: BigCommerce's abandoned cart emails will not be sent for orders that are processed through Checkout.
To change the content of the abandoned cart emails and how they are sent, please follow these steps:
- From within Bold Checkout, select Orders, then Abandoned Cart Settings.
- Select the Enable abandoned cart emails
Note: Leaving this disabled will not send abandoned cart emails to your customers.
- Choose the wait time of sending the email after the cart is abandoned (i.e. One hour, Six hours, Twenty-four hours).
- Select Do you want to allow multiple emails to be sent in a 24 hour period If you would like to do so.
- Edit the Subject Line as needed.
- Edit the Email Content as needed.
- Select Save.
Change Your Marketing Newsletter Settings
Bold Checkout provides you with the ability to choose how your customers subscribe to your marketing material.
You can have them opt-in or opt-out by default, or hide the selection box altogether.
Bold Checkout also offers an override feature that can be used to only send marketing emails to customers that have opted in for accepting marketing, or to all customers regardless if they have opted in or not.
To change your marketing email settings and adjust the override setting, please follow these steps:
- From within Bold Checkout, select Settings, then General Settings.
- Navigate to "Email Marketing" and select one of the following options:
- Unchecked by default: This means your marketing newsletter will be unchecked when customers check out from your site. Your customers will have to specifically opt-in to receive your marketing material. We generally suggest selecting this option if you're selling to regions that have local anti-spam legislation.
- Checked by default: This means your marketing newsletter will be selected when customers check out from your site. Your customers will have to opt-out from receiving your marketing material if they do not want to be emailed. This option may not be ideal if you're selling to regions that have local anti-spam legislation; as it may violate those laws.
- Hidden: This option will hide your marketing newsletter selection box from the checkout. This is a good option if you do not regularly send out marketing material.
- Select Save.
- Select Orders, then Abandoned Cart Settings.
- Under "Send marketing emails to:", select one of the override options:
- Only customers who have opted in to accept marketing: This means that only customers that have selected the marketing email option in the Bold checkout will receive your marketing emails.
- All customers: This means that all of your customers, regardless of selecting the accept marketing option in Bold Checkout, will receive your marketing emails.
Note: If this option is selected, please ensure this option is set appropriately to assist towards compliance with email privacy and marketing legislation in regions your store operates.
- Select Save.