This article outlines how to create and manage discount codes within Bold Cashier on Shopify.
Discount codes created in Bold Cashier allow you to set specific conditions and requirements, where you can prevent codes from being used multiple times by the same customer.
Shopify's automatic discount codes are incompatible with Bold Cashier and the Bold Discount Connector.
The Bold Discount Connector allows your customers to use Shopify-made discount codes within the Bold Cashier checkout.
Discount codes created in the Shopify admin will only work when the Bold Discount Connector has been installed within Bold Cashier. Please see Setup below for more information on installing the Bold Discount Connector.
- From the Shopify admin, select Apps.
- Select Cashier.
- From within Bold Cashier, select Marketplace.
- Select Install next to Shopify Discount Connector.
- Select Install unlisted app.
- Select Allow.
- Shopify's automatic discount codes are incompatible with Bold Cashier and the Bold Discount Connector. Only regular discount codes can be used with Bold Cashier.
- Bold Cashier may experience performance issues when grouping discount codes for 10,000+ customers at a time. The first attempt at grouping these codes will fail, but we recommend trying again after a few minutes.
The following apps may also override Bold Cashier's discount codes and should be used with caution:
- Bold Discounts
- Bold Subscriptions V1
When using Bold Cashier with Bold Subscriptions V1, every discount code must have a unique name in both the Shopify admin and Bold Subscriptions V1 app admin.