This article outlines how to create and manage discount codes within Bold Cashier on Shopify.
Discount codes created in Bold Cashier allow you to set specific conditions and requirements, where you can prevent codes from being used multiple times by the same customer.
Discount codes created in Shopify do not work in or with the Bold Cashier checkout unless you have installed the Bold Discount Connector.
The Bold Discount Connector plugin can be installed from the Bold Cashier app admin. It allows Shopify discount codes to work in the Bold Cashier checkout.
Note: Shopify's automatic discounts feature do not work with the Bold Discount Connector. Only regular discount codes will work.
Bold Discount Connector Setup
You can enable the Bold Discount Connector in Bold Cashier's Marketplace so your customers can use Shopify discount codes in the Cashier checkout.
- From within Bold Cashier, select Marketplace.
- Select Install on the Bold Discount Selector option.
- Select Install unlisted app.
- Select Allow.
Bold Discount Connector Limitations
- Automatic discounts are not compatible with Cashier or the Bold Discount Connector.
- Some plugins may override Cashier's discount codes. The functionality is entirely dependent on the plugin.
- Bold Discounts is not compatible with the Bold Discount Connector.
- Bold Subscriptions' discount codes take over Cashier's discount codes. It's possible that Shopify discount codes work with Subscription orders, but we cannot guarantee that discount codes will work in all cases.
- Bold Cashier may experience performance trouble when grouping discount codes for more than 10,000 customers. If you're grouping discount codes for more than 10,000 customers, the initial attempt to apply the discount codes will fail.
- If these changes fail, please try again after a couple minutes. This process should be completed successfully the second time.
Discount Code Limitations
When integrated with Bold Subscriptions V1, every discount code that's created within Shopify or Bold Subscriptions must have a unique name. You cannot have a discount code in both that is the same name.