Subscriptions for Shopify Checkout offers a wide range of options to view and analyze your overall subscription information. You can access this information through the Bold Subscriptions Dashboard and in the settings under Activity Logs.
With Bold Subscriptions, you can:
- See snapshots of your churn rate and estimated subscription revenue over a period of time.
- Download and view all your subscriber's information in a CSV file.
- Review a log of changes made to your customer accounts, subscription settings and more.
This article is relevant to Subscriptions for Shopify Checkout. If you have Subscriptions V1 on your store, please visit Reports & Analytics in Bold Subscriptions. If you are unsure of which version you have, please visit Identify Your Version of Bold Subscriptions.
At the top of the Dashboard page you will see the Subscriptions at a glance statistics. The number under Active subscriptions is a combination of active and paused subscriptions. This number is the most accurate as it is pulled from the database.
The Dashboard Overview calculates your estimated subscription revenue over a set period of time. Orders that are set to recur are taken into consideration. You can review these stats as soon as you begin using the app, including an overview of your new subscriptions, cancellations and monthly churn rate.
You can view the statistics for a specific period of time by selecting the Date Range under Overview:
Under Subscription trend over time, you can view your trends over time as well as a snapshot of your active subscriptions.
This count may not be 100% accurate as it is calculated from the activity log. This can cause discrepancies when there are changes to a subscription status that are not logged in the activity log.
The Reports section of Bold Subscriptions Dashboard allows you to download a detailed CSV of both your active and inactive subscriptions. This report holds all your individual subscriber data.
- All subscriptions: This report will generate subscription information for all of your active and inactive subscriptions on your shop.
- All customers: This will generate a report which holds all of your customer's information.
- Customers by product: This report will allow you to see the information for each subscription customer along with the details of their subscription product. This will include the status of their subscription, product variant, quantity, date subscribed, and more.
- Cancelled subscriptions: This report will generate the subscription information for all your subscriptions cancelled within a specific timeframe. This will include cancellation reasons if you have enabled these within the Cancellation Management settings.
- Failing payments: This report will show all your customers with failing transactions along with the reason for the failure, time, subscription I.D, and more.
- Transaction fees: This report will generate a CSV outlining all orders within a timeframe along with their transaction fees.
- Transactions and sales: This report will allow you to see subscription details such as order ID, order amount, shipping, taxes, and more.
- Upcoming products: This report will show your scheduled upcoming orders and upcoming products so that you can forecast the amount of inventory you will need during a specific date range.
Create a Report
- Select Reports from within the Dashboard.
- Select the report you wish to generate.
Note: For Historical reports you will need to select and apply a Date Range.
- Select Create 1 report.
Note: The report can take several minutes to generate.
- Select View all reports.
- Select the download icon to download your CSV file.
Note: You will have access to download all reports which are generated for 7 days.
The totals shown on the Customers page do not represent subscription numbers. These numbers represent customers who have subscriptions in either an active or inactive state. This number will likely not match the number of subscriptions as customers can have more than one subscription.
On the Subscription page, you can filter by Active subscriptions. This number will be accurate as it comes from the database. This number will match what is shown on the dashboard when the paused subscriptions are subtracted.
Within Bold Subscriptions' activity log, you can review a log of all your customer's changes, app setting changes and other activities. You can filter by event, user type, and date range.
- All events.
- Subscription Group - Created, Updated or Deleted.
- Subscription - Created, Updated, Notification sent, Cancelled, Failed, or Paused.
- Subscription order - Created, Refunded, or Refund failed.
- Shop settings - Updated.
- Email settings - Updated.
- Email template - Created, Updated, Deleted or Main template updated.
- Customer - Created, Updated, or Logged in.
- User - Logged in.
- Shop emails - Updated.
- Customer address - Created or Updated.
- All users
- Bold admin
- Subscription app
- Store admin