Swatches are only available on the Premium version of Bold Product Options. Please visit Product Options: Information & Overview for more information.
Each swatch can manually be created and linked to the products within your Shopify store. Please follow this comprehensive step-by-step to build your Swatches within an option set.
Create an Option / Option Set
Multiple option sets should not be applied to the same products. If you are needing to apply several options to 1 product, create only one option set for that particular product.
- From within the Product Options app, select Options in the top navigation bar.
- Select Create Option Set.
- Create an Option Set Name.
Note: This name is for your internal reference only and will not appear for your customers. We recommend naming it in accordance with the options you'll be creating, IE. T-Shirts or Pants.
- Choose Select Products, then select Products or Dynamic List.
Note: If you are selecting more than 15 products, we recommend creating a dynamic list instead. These can be created as a Hidden Smart Collection within the Shopify admin.
If a newly created product is not appearing in the product selector, select Sync with Shopify at the top of the product selector.
- Select Save Selection.
- Select Create new option.
- Enter a Name, and the Swatches (Single Choice) or Swatches (Multiple Choice) option.
Note: Swatches (Single Choice) only allow your customers to select 1 swatch; Swatches (Multiple Choice) allow your customers to select several swatches.
- Enter the Values.
- Beside the value name, select the Target.
- Choose to upload an image or select a color option to appear as the swatch on the product page.
- Check the Selected box if you'd like that value to be selected by default. (optional)
- Select Adjusts Price to add a price to your swatch. (optional)
- Select Create a charge or Use an existing variant in your shop.
Note: Create a charge allows you enter whatever price you fancy; Use an existing variant on your shop allows you to select a pre-existing variant from your Shopify Admin. The price of the pre-existing variant will then be applied to your newly created swatch.
- Select How do you want to handle quantities?. Please visit Create, Edit, or Delete Options and Option Sets for more info.
- Select Save.
- Select Save Option Set.