This guide answers several common questions in regards to functionality with Bold Memberships.
Here's the questions that are covered in this article:
- Can a cancelled member be switched back to an active member?
- Can I change an active member's email address?
- Can I export a list of members in Bold Memberships?
- Can I hide pages from some customers and let others see those pages?
- Can I manually add new members within Bold Memberships without informing the user?
- Can I offer discount codes for my membership plans?
- Can I offer free shipping to my members?
- Can I remove cancelled members from within Bold Memberships?
- Can I use a test credit card to purchase a membership plan?
- Does Bold Memberships have an approval system feature?
- Does a free membership count towards my total members?
- Where do active members login on my storefront?
Please select a question to view the answer:
No, once a customer's membership is set as "Cancelled" in Bold Memberships, the customer would need to either re-signup for a membership on the storefront or get invited to a membership plan.
Yes! A member's email address can be changed by updating the email address of the customer in your Shopify admin under "Customers".
Please visit Shopify's article on managing customers for more information on adjusting customer details in your Shopify admin.
Yes! An export can be performed in Bold Memberships by selecting Export near the top of the page while viewing the "Memberships" page:
Once the export has been completed, the export will be available on the "Exports" page for 12 hours:
Once the export file has been opened, the following details of all members will be included in the file:
- Column A - Customer Name: This column will include the name of each customer that was used by each customer for all of your membership plans.
- Column B - Email - This column will include the email address of each customer that was used by each customer all of your membership plans.
- Column C - Plan - This column will include the plan name that each customer is/was subscribed onto.
- Column D - Billing Plan - This column will include the billing plan that each paying member is currently on.
Note: This field will be empty beside any member that was invited to a free membership on any plan and did not convert to a paying plan.
- Column E - Billing Period - This column will include the frequency that each customer chose when purchasing a membership plan (Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly, or Yearly).
- Column F - Status - This column will include the membership status of each member that exists in Bold Memberships.
- Column G - Signup Date - This column will include the date for each customer based on when they initially purchased a membership plan on your store or when they were invited to a free membership plan.
- Columns H+ - All columns starting from H onwards will include the value that customers added to the registration fields that are offered for each of your membership plans.
Bold Memberships allows you to create rules that are referred to as "Show" and "Hide" rules in each membership plan created within the app. These rules allow you to either show or hide content based on if a customer is tagged or not tagged with a tag that is used in the membership plan.
When creating or editing a membership plan, a show or hide rule can be created under Step 4: Create Rules.
- When using a "Show" rule - When a "Show" rule is used in a membership plan, all customers will not be able to see the selected product, collection, page, etc. that is chosen. A customer will only be able to see the page, product, collection, etc., when they are logged into an account that has the tag from the membership plan assigned to the customer's account in the Shopify admin (the tag is added to the customer's account either upon successful signup or when manually invited to a free membership plan).
- When using a "Hide" rule - When a "Hide" rule is used in a membership plan, all customers will be able to see the selected product, collection, page, etc., that is chosen in the membership plan. The content will only be hidden if a customer is logged into an account that has the member tag associated to the customer's account in the Shopify admin (the tag is added to the customer's account either upon successful signup or when manually invited to a free membership plan).
Please visit Create Members Only Content in Bold Memberships for more information and steps on creating members only content rules within Bold Memberships.
No, users cannot be added manually into Bold Memberships without informing the user. The only way to add a user manually into Bold Memberships would be to invite the user to a free membership plan.
Bold Memberships does not interact with the Shopify checkout and in result, discount codes created in Shopify cannot be used towards purchasing a membership plan created from within the app.
Bold Memberships does not interact with shipping rates on your storefront. When a new member purchases a membership on your storefront, the membership transaction is handled by either Stripe or PayPal outside of the Shopify checkout.
While Bold Memberships does not offer free shipping for members, there are third party apps, such as Bespoke Shipping by MZL Solutions or Intuitive Shipping by Intuitive Shipping Inc, that are available on the Shopify App Store that can offer different shipping rates based on a tag set within a customer account that can work alongside Bold Memberships.
Cancelled members can be removed from Bold Memberships by deleting the customer from within your Shopify admin under the "Customers" section.
If a customer has an Active and Cancelled membership plan in Bold Memberships, deleting the customer from within your Shopify admin will remove all membership plans from within Bold Memberships. Removing customers from your Shopify admin should only be performed if the customer in question does not have any Active membership plans in Bold Memberships.
No, test credit cards cannot be used for Membership plans at this time. In order to test the functionality for a membership plan that was created in Bold Memberships, a live credit card will need to be used on the Membership signup widget.
No, Bold Memberships does not offer an approval system feature at this time.
When a customer purchases a membership plan created from Bold Memberships, the membership will become active automatically after the transaction has been approved in your Stripe account.
Yes, users that are invited to a free membership will count towards the total members within Bold Memberships while the free membership is active within the app.
When a customer purchases a membership plan or has been invited to a free membership plan, they can access their membership plan by simply logging into your storefront using the email address that was used when purchasing the membership or when receiving the free membership.
Bold Memberships does not require a separate login page for members to log into their account on your storefront, as the membership details are controlled through a customer tag which shows or hides content on your storefront.