In order for Bold Subscriptions to process subscription transactions on your store, Shopify Payments needs to be connected and activated in your Shopify store. Bold Subscriptions currently does not integrate with other payment gateways at this time. Other payment methods may become available in the future
Express Payment Options like ShopPay, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Amazon Pay, or Paypal can be used for one time orders but will not appear in the checkout for customers purchasing an order with a subscription in it.
Please visit Shopify Payments for steps that you can follow to setup and configure Shopify Payments on your store.
To make sure that your store is eligible to run the Bold Subscriptions V2 app:
Your store must use Shopify Payments. This is because Shopify creates a "subscription contract", which allows us to reuse the payment method that the customer used. This is currently only compatible with Shopify Payments.
Note: The eligibility requirements for Shopify Payments is controlled by Shopify directly. If your store is receiving a message about it being ineligible - please contact Shopify for more information.
- Customers can't use accelerated checkouts such as Amazon Pay, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Klarna, mollie iDEAL, Shop Pay, and Sofort to purchase subscriptions.
- A Storefront API cannot be currently used to build your storefront.
- To be eligible for Bold Subscriptions V2, your checkout.liquid formatting must be in the default state. If your checkout is customized, and you wish to use Bold Subscriptions, you will need to revert your checkout.liquid file back to default. Reverting will remove any checkout customizations you have. (Shopify can help with this change.)
- Must not have an existing subscription service. An existing subscription service may cause front end compatibility issues. We also do not yet have the ability to migrate subscribers into Bold Subscriptions v2.
- Shopify Plus Only: Must not have any checkout scripts active while using Bold Subscriptions. These checkout scripts are used by the Shopify app, "Script Editor".