Bold Checkout is packed with features, and can integrate with additional third party apps to help with best utilizing these features to their full potential. We have made sure that our integrations are useful, and allow your store to achieve unique business models.
All the integrations within this article are completely supported and built in to Bold Checkout. They work together to help you accomplish more within our app for your WooCommerce store.
If your store currently uses a fully automated email flow, this should be tested with Bold Checkout. We are unable to guarantee that emails for actions performed by your customers within the checkout will accurately be sent through an automated email provider (for example, abandoned cart emails). To test this functionality on your store, please Create a Test Order with Bold Checkout.
For a full list of all the apps that work well with Bold Checkout, please see our sections below:
Third party app Integrations
Below is the full list of apps created by third party companies that Bold Checkout has been integrated with. In most cases, these apps can be connected directly through the app.
Analytics & Reporting
This section goes over all of our integrations that can assist your store with tracking data and analytics for your Checkout purchases on your store.
Bold Checkout can use Google Analytics to track your customer's journey through your store. You can use it to help understand where your customers may be dropping off, and where you may need to make changes to improve conversion.
When Google Analytics is set up on Bold Checkout and WooCommerce, it will track your customer's journey through your store to the checkout.
Bold Checkout sends page views to Google Analytics for the following "screens":
Your checkout should be set to the 3 page rather than 1 page mode in order for the tracking to recognize each of these distinct sections.
Payment & Tax Integrations
Within Vertex, you are able to set up tax rates to be used within the Bold Checkout checkout when your customers finalize their orders. This integration currently supports specified tax rates, and customer exemptions.
To integrate Vertex and Bold Checkout, please follow these steps:
Connecting to Vertex
To complete this integration, you will need the following credentials found within Vertex:
Trusted ID: Settings > View All Connectors
Vertex Calculation API URL: Go to Settings
Company Code: My Enterprise > Taxpayers
Divisions Code (also known as Child): My Enterprise > Taxpayers
Department Code (also known as Grandchild): My Enterprise > Taxpayers
Determine the Vertex Version
Bold Checkout is able to integrate with multiple API versions of Vertex. To ensure you are setting up this integration with the correct version, please reach out to Vertex directly for more information.
Currently, Bold Vertex will have to be enabled within the app. Before completing this integration, please contact our Merchant Success team.
- From within the Bold Checkout admin, select Payments.
- Select Tax Settings.
- Near the bottom of the page, find the Vertex option.
- Select Connect.
- Enter your Trusted id, and Vertex calculation API URL.
Note: When adding the Vertex API URL, please only include the link up to .com. For example, https://example.vertexsmb.com
- Select Optional Settings and enter your credentials
- Select Save.
Once saved, the next section will indicate that your account has been connected. From here, you can proceed with the ability to Create a Custom Zone. Please be sure to select Vertex as your tax provider within this area.
Currently, Vertex is unable to support remittance payments. This is due to the type of payment, and it's inability to report back to Vertex. This means that tax filings may not be properly calculated when this event occurs.
Charge Tax on Shipping
To be able to charge tax on shipping within Bold Checkout, please ensure that the tax code FREIGHT is added within Vertex.
Without this code, Checkout will be unable to charge tax on Shipping.
Bold Checkout is integrated with TaxJar to simplify how your customer's tax rates are calculated within its checkout. This integration lets TaxJar calculate your customer's rates on their order directly through their service. TaxJar also collects all of your customer's tax information and files it on your behalf, on a pre-determined basis.
For more information on setting up a TaxJar account, please visit their website.
To enable this integration within Bold Checkout, please follow these steps:
- From within the Bold Checkout admin, select Payments > Tax Settings.
- Beside the "TaxJar" option, select Connect.
- Enter your API Token.
Note: This is located within your TaxJar account under Account > SmartCalcs API.
- Select Save.
Note: This section will change to indicate that your account has been connected.
- Select Create Custom Zone.
- Enter a Zone name.
- Under "Choose a tax provider", select TaxJar.
- Select the zone's countries.
- Select Save.
This integration is provided through Stripe, which means that it must be the payment gateway you are using (while in live mode) in order to offer wallet pay options through Checkout.
To connect this integration on your store, open Bold Checkout and navigate to Payment Gateways. When you connect to Stripe, there will be an option to enable the Wallet pay functionality.
PayPal Express currently only works with U.S.-based merchants who are shipping within the U.S and currently only supports USD.
Bold Checkout integrates with PayPal Express to offer customers a quicker checkout experience using One Touch payments through their PayPal account.
- You must have a PayPal Business account.
- You will need to set your Payment Receiving Preferences within PayPal to either accept or deny payments in other currencies. You will not be able to hold payments for review.
To enable this integration, please follow these steps:
- From within the Bold Checkout admin, select Payment Options > Payment Gateways.
- Next to "PayPal Express", select Connect.
- Enter your credentials.
Note: These can be found by accessing your PayPal Dashboard and selecting My Apps & Credentials. Select the name of your desired app, and you'll be brought to a new page with the credentials.
- Choose the colour and style of your button.
- Select Save.
We recommend testing that the integration works by putting through a live transaction through PayPal Express, and then refunding it.
- The PayPal Express button will appear above the Customer Information section, and not in the Payment Methods section.
- You will not be able to accept Subscription orders through PayPal Express, once this integration is released.
- You can only have a maximum of 10 shipping lines available to choose from.
- Currently only supports USD orders.
Features & Benefits
Bold Checkout integrates with Google Autocomplete to provide your customers with the flexibility to more easily use your stores checkout.
Autocomplete uses Google's API technology to find addresses relevant to what the customer is typing in your checkout.
To integrate Google Autocomplete with Checkout, please follow these steps:
- Log into the Google API Console.
- Select Select a project.
- Select your project. If you do not have a project yet, you would instead select Create Project.
- Enter a Project name.
- Select Browse to choose a location.
- Select the location, then choose Select.
- Select Create.
If the APIs are not listed, they can be enabled with the next steps:
- Select Enable API's and Services.
- Search for Places API, and select it.
- Select Enable.
- Select Credentials. If there are no credentials, you will need to create one.
- Select API Key.
- Select the API Key Name.
- Under "Key restriction", review what is selected:
- If "HTTP referrers (websites)" is selected, enter checkout.boldcommerce.com in the "Accept requests from these HTTP referrers (websites)" field.
- Select Save.
- Select the API key, and Copy it.
- From your WordPress Admin, navigate to WooCommerce > Bold.
- Select Open under Bold Checkout.
- Select Settings, then General Settings.
- Navigate to the "Google Autocomplete" section.
- Enter the API key, and select Save.
Bold Checkout integrates with Loqate to add 'address autocomplete' to your checkout. This allows customers to quickly choose their address as they begin typing it in.
To complete the integration, please follow these steps:
- Sign in to Loqate.
- From your dashboard, select Add service +.
- Select API Key.
- Write down or take note of your API key. You will be inputting this key in Step 7.
- From within the Bold Checkout app, select Settings > General Settings.
- Under the "Address Autocomplete" section, select Connect next to Loqate.
- Enter your Loqate API key from Step 4.
- Select Save.
- You cannot use Google Autocomplete and Loqate in the same checkout.
- This feature doesn't validate an address, it just allows the fields to be filled in automatically. A customer can edit the address manually after choosing it.
- We only support Loqate's 'address autocomplete' for the shipping and billing address. We do not support phone number validation or email validation.