Since Bold Checkout is integrated with WooCommerce, the regular emails that are sent to your customers through this platform will also be sent to your customers through Bold Checkout. Once an order has been created by Bold Checkout, they will receive an order confirmation email from WooCommerce.
All emails that apply to a regular Checkout order after it's been generated should still apply and send out to your customers, with the exception of abandoned cart emails.
Similar to the checkout, Bold Checkout also has a marketing newsletter option that customers can enable in the checkout.
For steps on enabling the abandoned cart emails, enabling the marketing newsletter checkbox, please see the following sections below:
Customize the Abandoned Cart Emails
Bold Checkout offers its own abandoned cart emails for customization. Because Bold Checkout uses its own checkout process, these emails must be enabled and customized to continue sending abandoned cart reminders to your customers.
Note: WooCommerces' abandoned cart emails will not be sent for orders that are processed through Checkout.
To change the content of the abandoned cart emails and how they are sent, please follow these steps:
- From within the Bold Checkout admin, select Orders, then Abandoned Cart Settings.
- Select the Enable abandoned cart emails toggle.
Note: Leaving this disabled will not send abandoned cart emails to your customers.
- Choose the wait time of sending the email after the cart is abandoned (i.e. One hour, Six hours, Twenty-four hours).
- Select Do you want to allow multiple emails to be sent in a 24 hour period If you would like to do so.
Note: This will only apply to newly abandoned cart. Each individual abandoned cart will only send one email.
- Edit the Subject Line as needed.
- Edit the Email Content as needed.
Note: You can update the source code of the emails by selecting Tools > Source Code
- Select Save.
Bold Checkout provides you with the ability to choose how your customers subscribe to your marketing material.
You can have them opt-in or opt-out by default, or hide the selection box altogether.
Bold Checkout also offers an override feature that can be used to only send marketing emails to customers that have opted in for accepting marketing, or to all customers regardless if they have opted in or not.
To change your marketing email settings and adjust the override setting, please follow these steps:
- From within the Bold Checkout admin, select Settings, then General Settings.
- Navigate to "Email Marketing" and select one of the following options:
- Unchecked by default: This means your marketing newsletter will be unchecked when customers check out from your site. Your customers will have to specifically opt-in to receive your marketing material. We generally suggest selecting this option if you're selling to regions that have local anti-spam legislation.
- Checked by default: This means your marketing newsletter will be selected when customers check out from your site. Your customers will have to opt-out from receiving your marketing material if they do not want to be emailed. This option may not be ideal if you're selling to regions that have local anti-spam legislation; as it may violate those laws.
- Hidden: This option will hide your marketing newsletter selection box from the checkout. This is a good option if you do not regularly send out marketing material. When hidden, the checkbox will act as if it is not checked, so the customers will not be automatically subscribing to your marketing emails without knowing.
- Select Save.
- Select Orders, then Abandoned Cart Settings.
- Under "Send marketing emails to:", select one of the override options:
- Only customers who have opted in to accept marketing: This means that only customers that have selected the marketing email option in the Bold Checkout will receive your marketing emails.
- All customers: This means that all of your customers, regardless of selecting the accept marketing option in Bold Checkout, will receive your marketing emails.
Note: You will need to ensure that you are complying with anti spam regulations.
- Select Save.