Bold Checkout can integrate with many third party apps to help your store reach its fullest potential. All of the integrations listed within this article are fully supported and built in to Bold Checkout.
If you currently use a fully automated email flow, it is recommended to test this with Bold Checkout.
We are not able to guarantee that emails for actions performed by your customers within the Bold Checkout will be accurately sent through an automated email provider.
To test this functionality on your store, please visit Place a Test Order with Bold Checkout.
This article is relevant to Bold Checkout on commercetools. If you are using another platform, please visit the articles for Shopify or BigCommerce.
Analytics & Reporting
Bold Checkout uses Facebook Pixel to track how your customers interact with your store. You can use this data to plan ad campaigns, acquire new customers, and more.
In order for this integration to work, you will need a Facebook ads account. You will also need to set up a pixel in Facebook Ads Manager.
For more information along with setup instructions, please visit Facebook Pixel & Checkout Integration.
Bold Checkout integrates with Google Analytics to help you track your customer's journey through your store. These analytics help you understand your customers activity, where you need to make improvements for conversion, and more.
For more information and setup instructions, please visit Google Analytics Bold & Checkout Integration.
Google Tag Manager allows you to use tracking scripts on your store without having to modify your site code to provide you with expanded analytics on your checkout process.
For more information and setup instructions, please visit Google Tag Manager & Bold Checkout Integration.
Within Vertex, you're able to set up tax rates for when your customers finalize their orders inside of the Bold Checkout. This integration currently supports specified tax rates and customer exemptions.
To integrate Vertex and Bold Checkout, please follow the steps below.
Connecting to Vertex
You will need the following credentials, found within Vertex, in order to complete this integration:
- Trusted ID - Settings > View All Connectors
- Vertex Calculation API URL - Go to Settings
- Company Code - My Enterprise > Taxpayers
- Divisions Code (also known as Child) - My Enterprise > Taxpayers
- Department Code (also known as Grandchild) - My Enterprise > Taxpayers
Determine the Vertex Version
Bold Checkout is able to integrate with multiple API versions of Vertex.
To ensure you are setting this integration up with the correct version, please reach out to Vertex directly for more information.
Currently, Bold Vertex will have to be enabled within the app.
Please contact our Customer Success team before attempting this integration.
- From within the Bold Checkout admin, select Payments.
- Select Tax Settings.
- Near the bottom of the page, find the Vertex option.
- Select Connect.
- Enter your Trusted id, and Vertex calculation API URL.
Note: When adding the Vertex API URL, please only include the link up to .com. For example, https://example.vertexsmb.com
- Select Optional Settings and enter your credentials
- Select Save.
Once saved, the next section will indicate that your account has been connected. From here, you can proceed with the ability to Create a Custom Zone.
Please be sure to select Vertex as your tax provider within this area.
Vertex is currently unable to support remittance payments.
This is due to the type of payment and it's inability to report back to Vertex, which means that your tax filings may not be properly calculated when this event occurs.
Charge Tax on Shipping
To be able to charge tax on shipping with Bold Checkout, please ensure that the tax code FREIGHT is added within Vertex.
Without this code, Checkout will not be able to charge tax on your customer's shipping.
Bold Checkout is integrated with TaxJar to simplify how your customer's tax rates are calculated inside of the checkout.
With this integration, TaxJar will calculate your customer's tax rates directly on their order.
TaxJar collects all of your customer's tax information and files it on your behalf, on a pre-determined basis.
For more information on setting up a TaxJar account, please visit their website.
To enable this integration within Bold Checkout, please follow the steps below.
- From within the Bold Checkout admin, select Payments > Tax Settings.
- Beside the TaxJar option, select Connect.
- Enter your API Token.
Note: This is located within your TaxJar account under Account > SmartCalcs API.
- Select Save.
Note: This section will change to indicate that your account has been connected.
- Select Create Custom Zone.
- Enter a Zone name.
- Under Choose a tax provider, select TaxJar.
- Select the zone's countries.
- Select Save.
Features & Benefits
Bold Checkout integrates with Google Autocomplete to provide your customers with the flexibility to automatically fill in their shipping details.
Google Autocomplete uses Google's API technology to find addresses relevant to what your customers are typing in the Bold Checkout.
To integrate Google Autocomplete with Bold Checkout, please follow the steps below.
- Log in to the Google API Console.
- Select Select a project.
- Select your project. If you do not have a project yet, you would instead select Create Project.
- Enter a Project name.
- Select Browse to choose a location.
- Select the location, then choose Select.
- Select Create.
If the APIs are not listed, they can be enabled with the following steps:
- Select Enable API's and Services.
- Search for Places API, and select it.
- Select Enable.
- Select Credentials. If there are no credentials, you will need to create one.
- Select API Key.
- Select the API Key Name.
- Under Key restriction, review what is selected:
- If HTTP referrers (websites) is selected, enter checkout.boldcommerce.com in the Accept requests from these HTTP referrers (websites) field.
- Select Save.
- Select the API key, and Copy it.
- From your store Admin, navigate to commercetools > Bold.
- Select Open under Bold Checkout.
- Select Settings, then General Settings.
- Navigate to the Google Autocomplete section.
- Enter the API key, and select Save.
If you're getting an error within Google Autocomplete, please ensure that billing is enabled within the Google Cloud Developer Console.
Google provides a $300 credit when using their Google Cloud APIs and services. In order for this credit to be applied, you will be required to have a credit card/payment method available.
On the Google Cloud developer console, you will have a banner that says, "Your free trial is waiting [...]". Choose activate, then follow the steps to enable billing.
Bold Checkout integrates with Loqate to add address autocomplete to your checkout. This allows customers to quickly choose their address as they begin typing it in.
To complete the integration, please follow the steps below.
- Sign in to Loqate.
- From your dashboard, select Add service +.
- Select API Key.
- Write down or take note of your API key. You will be inputting this key in Step 7.
- From within the Bold Checkout app, select Settings > General Settings.
- Under the Address Autocomplete section, select Connect next to Loqate.
- Enter your Loqate API key from Step 4.
- Select Save.
- You cannot use Google Autocomplete and Loqate in the same checkout.
- This feature doesn't validate an address - it just allows the fields to be filled in automatically. A customer can edit the address manually after choosing it.
- We only support Loqate's address autocomplete for the shipping and billing address. We do not support phone number validation or email validation.