Bold Checkout can integrate with many third party apps to help your store reach its fullest potential.
All of the integrations listed within this article are fully supported and built in to Bold Checkout.
If you currently use a fully automated email flow, it is highly recommended testing this with Bold Checkout.
We are not able to guarantee that emails for actions performed by your customers within the Bold Checkout will be accurately sent through an automated email provider.
To test this functionality on your store, please visit Place a Test Order with Bold Checkout.
Third Party App Integrations
Below is the full list of apps that Bold Checkout is able to integrate with. In most cases, these apps can be connected directly through the app admin.
Analytics & Reporting
This section goes over all of our integrations that can assist with tracking data and analytics for your purchases.
Bold Checkout uses Google Analytics to track your customer's journey through their purchase process. You can use it to help understand where your customers may be dropping off, where you may need to make changes to improve conversion, etc.
Bold Checkout sends page views to Google Analytics for the following screens:
It is highly recommended setting your checkout flow to 3 page checkout so Google Analytics is able to recognize each of distinct section.
Payment & Tax Integrations
Within Vertex, you're able to set up tax rates for when your customers finalize their orders inside of the Bold Checkout. This integration currently supports specified tax rates and customer exemptions.
To integrate Vertex and Bold Checkout, please follow the steps below.
Connecting to Vertex
You will need the following credentials, found within Vertex, in order to complete this integration:
- Trusted ID - Settings > View All Connectors
- Vertex Calculation API URL - Go to Settings
- Company Code - My Enterprise > Taxpayers
- Divisions Code (also known as Child) - My Enterprise > Taxpayers
- Department Code (also known as Grandchild) - My Enterprise > Taxpayers
Determine the Vertex Version
Bold Checkout is able to integrate with multiple API versions of Vertex.
To ensure you are setting this integration up with the correct version, please reach out to Vertex directly for more information.
Currently, Bold Vertex will have to be enabled within the app.
Please contact our Merchant Success team before completing this integration.
- From within the Bold Checkout admin, select Payments.
- Select Tax Settings.
- Near the bottom of the page, find the Vertex option.
- Select Connect.
- Enter your Trusted id, and Vertex calculation API URL.
Note: When adding the Vertex API URL, please only include the link up to .com. For example, https://example.vertexsmb.com
- Select Optional Settings and enter your credentials
- Select Save.
Once saved, the next section will indicate that your account has been connected. From here, you can proceed with the ability to Create a Custom Zone.
Please be sure to select Vertex as your tax provider within this area.
Vertex is currently unable to support remittance payments.
This is due to the type of payment and it's inability to report back to Vertex, which means that your tax filings may not be properly calculated when this event occurs.
Charge Tax on Shipping
To be able to charge tax on shipping with Bold Checkout, please ensure that the tax code FREIGHT is added within Vertex.
Without this code, Checkout will not be able to charge tax on your customer's shipping.
Bold Checkout is integrated with TaxJar to simplify how your customer's tax rates are calculated inside of the checkout.
With this integration, TaxJar will calculate your customer's tax rates directly on their order.
TaxJar collects all of your customer's tax information and files it on your behalf, on a pre-determined basis.
For more information on setting up a TaxJar account, please visit their website.
To enable this integration within Bold Checkout, please follow the steps below.
- From within the Bold Checkout admin, select Payments > Tax Settings.
- Beside the TaxJar option, select Connect.
- Enter your API Token.
Note: This is located within your TaxJar account under Account > SmartCalcs API.
- Select Save.
Note: This section will change to indicate that your account has been connected.
- Select Create Custom Zone.
- Enter a Zone name.
- Under Choose a tax provider, select TaxJar.
- Select the zone's countries.
- Select Save.
Because this integration is provided through Stripe, you must use Stripe as your primary payment gateway in order to offer Wallet Pay options through Bold Checkout.
To connect the Wallet Pay integration on your store, open Bold Checkout and navigate to Payment Gateways. When you connect to Stripe, there will be an option to enable Wallet Pay functionality.
PayPal Express only supports U.S.-based merchants selling in USD, who ship within the United States.
Bold Checkout integrates with PayPal Express to offer customers a quicker checkout experience using One Touch payments through their PayPal account.
- You are a U.S.-based merchant.
- Your default store currency is USD.
- You only ship within the United States.
- You have a PayPal Business account.
You will also need to set your Payment Receiving Preferences within PayPal to either accept or deny payments in other currencies.
You will not be able to hold payments for review.
- From within the Bold Checkout admin, select Payment Options > Payment Gateways.
- Next to PayPal Express, select Connect.
- Enter your credentials.
Note: These can be found by accessing your PayPal Dashboard and selecting My Apps & Credentials. Selecting the name of your desired app will bring you to a new page with the credentials.
- Choose the colour and style of your button.
- Select Save.
We highly recommend testing the integration by putting through a live transaction via PayPal Express, then refunding it.
- The PayPal Express button will appear above the Customer Information section. It will not appear within the Payment Methods section.
- You will not be able to accept subscription orders through PayPal Express.
- You can only have a maximum of 10 shipping lines.
- USD is the only supported currency.
- You must own a U.S.-based store.
- You must only ship within the United States.
Features & Benefits
Bold Checkout integrates with Google Autocomplete to provide your customers with the flexibility to automatically fill in their shipping and payment details.
Google Autocomplete uses Google's API technology to find addresses relevant to what your customers are typing in the Bold Checkout.
To integrate Google Autocomplete with Bold Checkout, please follow the steps below.
- Log in to the Google API Console.
- Select Select a project.
- Select your project. If you do not have a project yet, you would instead select Create Project.
- Enter a Project name.
- Select Browse to choose a location.
- Select the location, then choose Select.
- Select Create.
If the APIs are not listed, they can be enabled with the following steps:
- Select Enable API's and Services.
- Search for Places API, and select it.
- Select Enable.
- Select Credentials. If there are no credentials, you will need to create one.
- Select API Key.
- Select the API Key Name.
- Under Key restriction, review what is selected:
- If HTTP referrers (websites) is selected, enter checkout.boldcommerce.com in the Accept requests from these HTTP referrers (websites) field.
- Select Save.
- Select the API key, and Copy it.
- From your store Admin, navigate to commercetools > Bold.
- Select Open under Bold Checkout.
- Select Settings, then General Settings.
- Navigate to the Google Autocomplete section.
- Enter the API key, and select Save.
If you're getting an error within Google Autocomplete, please ensure that billing is enabled within the Google Cloud Developer Console.
Google provides a $300 credit when using their Google Cloud APIs and services. In order for this credit to be applied, you will be required to have a credit card/payment method available.
On the Google Cloud developer console, you will have a banner that says, "Your free trial is waiting [...]". Choose activate, then follow the steps to enable billing.
Bold Checkout integrates with Loqate to add address autocomplete to your checkout. This allows customers to quickly choose their address as they begin typing it in.
To complete the integration, please follow the steps below.
- Sign in to Loqate.
- From your dashboard, select Add service +.
- Select API Key.
- Write down or take note of your API key. You will be inputting this key in Step 7.
- From within the Bold Checkout app, select Settings > General Settings.
- Under the Address Autocomplete section, select Connect next to Loqate.
- Enter your Loqate API key from Step 4.
- Select Save.
- You cannot use Google Autocomplete and Loqate in the same checkout.
- This feature doesn't validate an address - it just allows the fields to be filled in automatically. A customer can edit the address manually after choosing it.
- We only support Loqate's address autocomplete for the shipping and billing address. We do not support phone number validation or email validation.