Because Bold Checkout is integrated with commercetools, the emails that get sent to your customers through commercetools will also get sent through Bold Checkout.
Once an order has been created by Bold Checkout, a customer will receive the order confirmation email from commercetools.
All emails that apply to a regular checkout order (after it's been generated) will still apply and be sent out to your customers, excluding abandoned cart emails.
Bold Checkout also offers the ability to send marketing newsletters that your customers can enable from within the checkout.
Customize the Abandoned Cart Emails
Bold Checkout offers its own abandoned cart emails.
Because Bold Checkout uses its own checkout process, these emails must be enabled and customized in order to continue sending abandoned cart reminders to your customers.
Note: commercetools' abandoned cart emails will not be sent for any orders processed through Bold Checkout.
To change the content of the abandoned cart emails and how they are sent, please follow the steps below.
- From within the Bold Checkout admin, select Orders, then Abandoned Cart Settings.
- Select the Enable abandoned cart emails toggle.
Note: Leaving this disabled will not send abandoned cart emails to your customers.
- Choose the wait time of sending the email after the cart is abandoned. (IE. One hour, Six hours, Twenty-four hours).
- Select Do you want to allow multiple emails to be sent in a 24 hour period If you would like to do so.
Note: This will only apply to newly abandoned cart. Each individual abandoned cart will only send one email.
- Edit the Subject Line as needed.
- Edit the Email Content as needed.
Note: You can update the source code of the emails by selecting Tools > Source Code
- Select Save.
With Bold Checkout, you have the ability to choose how your customers subscribe to your marketing material.
You can utilize Bold Checkout's override feature to send marketing emails to all of your customers, or only those who have opted in to receive marketing emails.
- From within the Bold Checkout admin, select Settings, then General Settings.
- Navigate to Email Marketing and select one of the following options:
- Unchecked by default: Your marketing newsletter will be unchecked when customers checkout. Your customers will have to opt-in to receive your marketing material. We recommend selecting this option if you're selling to regions that have local anti-spam legislation.
- Checked by default: Your marketing newsletter will be selected when customers checkout. Your customers will have to opt-out from receiving your marketing material. This option may not be ideal if you're selling to regions that have local anti-spam legislation, as it may violate those laws.
- Hidden: This will hide your marketing selection box from the checkout. This is recommended if you do not send marketing material regularly. When hidden, the checkbox will act as if it is not checked, so your customers will not automatically be subscribing to your marketing emails without knowing.
- Select Save.
- Select Orders, then Abandoned Cart Settings.
- Under Send marketing emails to:, select one of the override options:
- Only customers who have opted in to accept marketing: Only customers that have selected the marketing email option in the Bold Checkout will receive your marketing emails.
- All customers: All of your customers, regardless of selecting the accept marketing option in Bold Checkout, will receive your marketing emails.
Note: You will need to ensure that you are complying with anti spam regulations.
- Select Save.