All orders processed through Bold Checkout need to be refunded differently than your standard commercetools orders. This process ensures that the refunded amount goes through the payment gateway that processed the order via Bold Checkout.
Refunds are issued automatically, but banks may take between 5-10 business days to complete the refund on their end.
Refund an Order Through the Checkout
When an order is made through the Bold Checkout, you can perform both a full or partial refund through the app admin.
- From within the Bold Checkout admin, select Orders, then All Orders.
- Select the Refund button beside the order you wish to refund.
- Enter a Refund quantity.
Note: To issue a full refund here, select Issue Full Refund and skip the remaining steps.
- Enter a Restock quantity. (optional)
- Enter a $ amount next to Shipping refund if you would like to refund a full or partial shipping charge.
- Enter a refund reason.
- Select Send an email notification to the customer.
- Select Refund $XX.XX.